Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, we have been talking to Tim @ glassworks as we are a dealer for glassworks. Would you guys be interested in doing glass? Talking to Tim we need 5-6 preorders. They will retail for $400 but being a dealer we can work a group buy for $350 a pair for the front. The group buy would be us at BBM Offroad not through glassworks. Is this something you guys be interested in?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glassworks won't make the molds until we know we have 5 pre-orders. In my opinion glassworks makes the best looking and highest quality glass on the market.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4" fiberglass isn't that big. I have 6.5" Fiberglass on my Toyota and looking to go 8.5-9" glass up front and 9-10" in the rear. That's big fiberglass glass in my opinion. In the picture you can see how far my tires stick out of the glass. Truck has a 90" track width ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1407734058.462815.jpg

·
badlandindustries.com
9,680 Posts
Couple things.... are you a site vendor... no..... what's stopping anyone from coughing up the money and going straight to Glassworks. .. nothing.... what's stopping you as a company from forking over the money up front? ... I wouldn't expect anything really.

The unfortunate reality is that 95% of the owners here don't ever bandwagon buy even a set of hood struts, never mind hundreds of dollars worth of fiberglass.i am in no way trying to run your company off, I am merely showing you how things work here. The aftermarket for these trucks has really been limited due to a lack of owner participation. What little parts we have available have been from companies willing to invest in these trucks or limited owner involvement in facilitating the fabrication of new parts. My recommendation is this, if these trucks are seen as a valuable investment, include us in the process of creating new products many of us know these trucks better than anyone could ever hope. More than likly your company will end up making the initial cash outlay.

I am excited to see if you guys can come up with a new and innovative parts.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I understand where your coming from. We've been in the desert scene about 10yrs now. Seen many changes over the years.

If we had the funding to invest in 5-6 sets of fiberglass we would. Dealing with glassworks as Individual can be frustrating. We have been there in the past. But much smoother as a shop. Can I answer why it's that way? No.

Hard part also is We are new here some of you know who we are but many don't. We have to build trust which takes time and we understand that. There's a lot of shady shops/fabricators out there. We have fixed a few of those shops products. We have been interested in some long travel stuff for front and rear suspension and were interested in offering glassworks with future products we may offer.

With us being a middle man on something like this. Its hard to get everyone involve. From what I was told from glassworks is they had orders lined up. They were working design to get molds and the 2-3 people backed out. But beyond that I don't know much of the story.

We just figured we would throw it out there. Many group buys don't get enough support and it's not just here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts