Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed a box for my truck, but now i need to find out have cuft i have for each sub. How do i figure this out?

·
Registered
24 Posts
How many cubic feet per sub is needed?

Normally you'll need anywhere from .5 - 1.2 per sub, depending on diameter, excursion, etc.

After you know how much per sub is needed, do a volume calculation:

To calculate the volume of an enclosure, multiply the dimensions in inches (height x width x depth) then divide this total by 1728. This will give you the total volume in cubic feet. Keep in mind that the volume does not need to be exact but should remain within a tolerance of 5%.
:)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hum that sucks thought i had enuff room! thanks code for that! humm looks like it back to the drawing board for me! i hate being tall in a regular cab! any one know how much room i would gain if i took the back plastic wall off of the reg cab?

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
you can use some poly fill if you need to

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
blaine if you want i can help you with ur box... i also have a program on my computer that i can use to figure out how much airspace you have, and will help you play with dimensions. you got my number... btw

im 6 1-6 2 and the bottom of my box is like 11.5 inches the top is 4... and i have plenty of room (then again i like to sit a lil closer than most of my size)

i can post the actual specs of my box (i have a diagram of it) if youd like

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sure justin that would be nice. hang on let me see if i can get what i want posted up here in a minuet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts