Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some this has been a long time coming now. I finally got around to dropping my front end suspension. I used belltech 2" drop balljoints. The install was pretty easy except for how the upper balljoint spacers work but that was figured out rather quickly. Thanks to my friend Richard who has a shop w/ a/c, a lift, and almost every tool you could think of at his house and helped me do the install. Now here's some pics...

Right after installation outside the garage.

Here are some pics from earlier today.

The final product. If anyone see anything wrong please let me know ASAP!

That last pic is what I'm most concerned about. Did I put the upper b/j spacers correctly?

Now for the best part. RUBBIN' pics!!!! My flares and inner fender liner.:yup:

There you go. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Looks good...I would seriously trim the flares so you dont rib one of those things off.....or start to actually melt them so bad the warp on the outside of the inner fender.

Truck looks sexy man...

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
wow....i don't think mines that fkn low...and i have teh same kit...weird ..Do you have coils too ?
He has an Xtreme and the body kit makes it look suuuuper low.

I don't even look that low!! :lol: Bastage! :p :p

If the rubbing is too much man, get the 1" drop coils. They'll stiffen up the front to keep from rubbing so much.

And I don't remember exactly, but I believe you have the spacers installed correctly. We weren't so sure how they were supposed to go in either, but Belltech confirmed it.

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
Got me thinkin here but i live in canada it gets wet here can`t go that low maybe 1/2 on xtreme.

Any how i like it! Good job two thumbs buddy
Xtreme`s are the coolest;)

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Looks sik foo, and EricW835 has the right advice but honestly i would just ride it like that until the tires wear the bodykit to where it no longer rubs anymore it won't hurt anything i've lowered a few Xtremes and this always happens.

Did you cut any of the bumpstops? If not im positive your riding on rear bump stops for sure. I would at least upgrade your front coil springs maybe some Belltech 4201 springs to firm them up and increase handling.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks peoples! Yea I was thinking of just letting the tires rub itself clear of the flares but we'll see what happens, I might modify. I wanna get 20x8.5's Boss 313's and I started a thread on what tires would go best w/ this drop and minimize rubbing and still eliminate wheel gap so I'm not too too worried right now about the rubbing. As for the 1" coils would that drop me another inch in the front and make it worse? Or not b/c I'm a ZQ8 and I already have 1" drop coils from factory? If so it sounds like a good idea. I rub alot when my truck shifts weight on turns, dips, and braking.:mc: In the rear I removed the big yellow bumpstop thats on the inside bracket that comes out the frame. I left the smaller black one thats directly on the frame b/c I knew I was going to be banging back there and I dont want metal on metal hitting.:shrug:A 3" notch is already being planned along w/ new shocks (Belltech Nitro Actives) if possible. I'm consider the suggestions for the front springs and I'll do some research too. Thanks again!

:355: :salute:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Looks Sweet Bro!!!!

Glad everything came out ok!!!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Thanks peoples! Yea I was thinking of just letting the tires rub itself clear of the flares but we'll see what happens, I might modify. I wanna get 20x8.5's Boss 313's and I started a thread on what tires would go best w/ this drop and minimize rubbing and still eliminate wheel gap so I'm not too too worried right now about the rubbing. As for the 1" coils would that drop me another inch in the front and make it worse? Or not b/c I'm a ZQ8 and I already have 1" drop coils from factory? If so it sounds like a good idea. I rub alot when my truck shifts weight on turns, dips, and braking.:mc: In the rear I removed the big yellow bumpstop thats on the inside bracket that comes out the frame. I left the smaller black one thats directly on the frame b/c I knew I was going to be banging back there and I dont want metal on metal hitting.:shrug:A 3" notch is already being planned along w/ new shocks (Belltech Nitro Actives) if possible. I'm consider the suggestions for the front springs and I'll do some research too. Thanks again!

:355: :salute:
The 1" coils won't drop you any further. They'll only stiffen up your front end to help minimize rubbing.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
man thats nuts. 2/3 makes you look like your just completely slammed! I cant wait to be that low!

·
Another day.....
2,704 Posts
I think he is 3/4 really 2in in the front thats damn low! Got me thinking going to start a thread i got some questions foe my truck!

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
You guys obviously haven't seen Tweaker's truck he looks hella slammed just like this too.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts