Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started late in the day so didnt finish I hope to finish next friday or during the week right before woodward

the upper trailing arms and trailing arm mount braces will not be installed yet due to them being adjustable and I dont have the time to get them fined tuned yet so they will be done after woodward

Also the install was also done along with my brother

here are the pics

now the reason the car sits so high in the rear is some redneck put 3 inch spring perch lifts in

old spring and new spring (old seems beefier)

the upper and lower trailing arms (the mount braces are not pictured)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Fuckin Sweet! Those random hand gesture pics are always a laugh riot! You never know when you'll scroll across one and then BAM!!:lolsign:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do what i can

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Nice Geeds. Although just wondering how yours gonna dial in those adjustable upper links im not too sure on how that goes. I put similar ones on my SVO and never really messed with them lol.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Geeds. Although just wondering how yours gonna dial in those adjustable upper links im not too sure on how that goes. I put similar ones on my SVO and never really messed with them lol.

i'm sure i'll figure it out my brother is going to check with some proturing guys

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I guess it really just depends on how low its gonna be. I think your suppose to measure you pinion angle prior to removal and then once your lower you can reset the pinion angle back to stock.

Are those all urathane bushings? In the SVO/Mustang world they say its ok to install urethane bushings on the lower links but that the uppers should remain rubber so that the suspension can still flex around tuns or something. Maybe those proturing guys can chime in.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my brother finished most of the work except the uppers and braces but we will do those after woodward

for some reason the ass end sits real low compared to the front

so we may need to cut the perches down a bit and put them back in

some picks but i'll get better ones tomorrow

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
WTF? No full side shot? :dawg:

You're dissapointing me geeds!! :lol:

Looks good so far. :yup:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WTF? No full side shot? :dawg:

You're dissapointing me geeds!! :lol:

Looks good so far. :yup:
my brother had the car all day and I got home and it was in the garage you'll get day pics tomorrow

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Day pics as promised

you can see the rear is kinda squating

rear gap

front gap

I'm taking the perches by a shop tomorrow to cut a inch out so I'll have a 2inch piece and a 1 inch piece and can swap them in and out

hopefulyl the car will sit better tomorrow

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I don't know if it's true for all coil sprung cars, but I know on S10's if the springs aren't indexed in the pocket right it will keep it from settling all the way down. A local guy that just dropped his S10 had a hell of a time getting it to sit level because of that.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know if it's true for all coil sprung cars, but I know on S10's if the springs aren't indexed in the pocket right it will keep it from settling all the way down. A local guy that just dropped his S10 had a hell of a time getting it to sit level because of that.
well a shop did the front so I'd hope they did it right

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cut up the 3 inch spacers down to 2 inch spacers

and put them in

I'll put the shocks and wheels back on tomorrow and get pics of how it sits

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got the car back on the ground

the car has a small rake and depending how the springs settles and how it looks with the new tires i may go another 1/2 inch to a inch to get it just right

but here you go pics of the car on level ground

1 - 20 of 26 Posts