Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the previous owner(s) did the majority of the work. But I drive...a lot. This happened earlier this week. I've looked at steering wheel cover, leather, vinyl, pvc, etc. I dunno...

·
Premium Member
3,266 Posts
I have a cheap leather cover from off the shelf at autozone. One of those stretch over the wheel ones. It fits well, is comfortable, and my favorite is it makes the wheel bigger in my hands. I tend to grip the wheel, so it is fits my hands well.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Only 85k? Must have been a ring or something to do that..

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Mines been that way for awhile now.
I try not to grab it there to keep it from ripping any further..
I've priced having it re-done,
but I need too many other things before I drop a chunk on my steering wheel.

·
maniac mechanic
5,779 Posts
The sun plays a big role in it, the top of my wheel is a mess as well, hasn't broken through yet but it's cracked and worn and the bottom of my wheel looks brand new.

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
The sun plays a big role in it, the top of my wheel is a mess as well, hasn't broken through yet but it's cracked and worn and the bottom of my wheel looks brand new.
That and all the sweat and crud that comes off of driver's hands. I don't know of anyone, (other than maybe Rich), that regularly washes and treats their steering wheel.

It does make a difference.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
There's a thread here on how to clean them with the magic eraser. I do that every couple of months and then use a conditioner. I have the CarID one that I think they stopped selling, probably because they were too expensive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The stock wheel in my truck was awful when I bought it. It looked as if someone wearing kerosene soaked gloves drove the truck. Literally the leather looked eaten away, and the truck only had 62k on it. I bought an aftermarket black leather sew-on cover that covered it up really nice and went on pretty easy. I don't think they are very expensive either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mines got 180k, still good as new! I have no idea how though the rest of the truck wasnt well taken care of lol. I'm putting a steering wheel cover on it soon though I prefer a thicker steering wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts