Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed painted door and tailgate handles

Painted it yesterday but the color seems to be a bit off on the tailgate handle, I think it was the cleat coat was almost empty and wasn't mixed well so in the next few weeks I will be sanding it and reclearing, But here it is. OPINIONS?????

Painted the door handles to match the truck and installed them today!!!!

I am pretty happy with the outcome.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i might wait and see it might not be cured all the way.

P

·
0 Posts
Good job! :salute: Looks Great :355: I guess you mean you can tell the diff in person cuz from the pics it looks good.

M

·
0 Posts
Looks like you did a great job man, just seems like the paint tint may be a smidge off. Just my observation.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it was the clear, so I am going to wait a few days and see if it brightens as it cures.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
looking good DJ

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wish i could. Dont have those kinds of skills.

·
Registered
61 Posts
is that spray can clearcoat? if so what kind? I used the duplicolor and it was milky instead of clear. May just have been my lack of skills with autobody.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is that spray can clearcoat? if so what kind? I used the duplicolor and it was milky instead of clear. May just have been my lack of skills with autobody.
Yeah I used they're clear and I think it made the color a little off. I am going to wash the truck this weekend and see if maybe it will look to far off then I will repaint them.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
You probably sprayed too far away and got "dry spray" changes it too more of a dull finish...try wet sanding it and spraying closer next time. You should be no further than about 5".

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
^^^^^^^^^^^ I know how to paint and I wetsanded better than gm did on the truck. the clear I used seems to be a little milky and the tailgate handle was the last thing I did and was the bottom of the can as it was almost empty. If you saw my previous post you could of seen yourself in the handle.

You probably sprayed too far away and got "dry spray" changes it too more of a dull finish...try wet sanding it and spraying closer next time. You should be no further than about 5".
5 inches are you nuts but you probably know more than the manufacturer as they recommend 8-10 inches. Shit at 5 inches you would have fuckin runs everywhere.

as I said in the first post.............."Painted it yesterday but the color seems to be a bit off on the tailgate handle, I think it was the cleat coat was almost empty and wasn't mixed well so in the next few weeks I will be sanding it and reclearing,"

SMOOTH enough for ya. everyone's an expert. I wetsanded alot with 2000 grit till it was smooth

1 - 20 of 29 Posts