Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered $550 worth of parts last week. Have ordered over $1000 worth in the past. Had a big box with 2 rotors in a box then 2 boxes of slider pins and then a box of pads all with in a bigger box. Open up the box of pads and the box is beat to hell and only 3 pads are in there and no hardware... Come on really how dose someone not pick that up. The box was used it has dirt all over it and everything...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you contact RockAuto about it?

Did you contact the post office/carrier about it?

If you didn't do both of the above, you really can't point fingers just yet...

The box of calipers was in side another bigger box with more boxes inside that.

Big ass box with a box of rotors then 2 boxes of slider pins then 2 boxes of caliper boots then a box for the pads.

The box of pads is all beat to fuck dirty as can be. The big
Box was not damaged or broken in any way so someone put in the best returned box and just didn't give a damn.

Just got home at 10 I'll have to call tmw.

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just saw your edit lol. Guess I'll be calling them first thing tomorrow morning and hope for the best. Thought it was weird not getting any paper work in the box either. They always send that and a magnet :/.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Shit happens Kyle. I have no doubt that they will make it right ASAP

·
Formerly Metal_EMT
1,880 Posts
Missing the paperwork and the magnet, I'm sure it's an exception to the normal shipping / warehouse trained methods. I've only had one issue and that was just ordering spark plugs. I ordered 5 ITV16 Densos and got a 4 pack of ITV16s and a single ITV20 which I'm sure was sitting right next to the ITV16s. Used the return process online and a new order was automatically created without contact with anyone and shipped out right away. Didn't even need to give back the incorrect part.

Post an update when you talk to them because I'd be surprised if they don't fix the problem for you.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Give them a call, the costumer service is awesome.

I ordered a manifold gasket once, something got messed up with the postal service and they returned the package to RA. The man I talked to on the phone apologized and overnighted a gasket to me.

·
the guy that always on
3,241 Posts
I got a Dorman cam actiuator from them that went bad returned it for a full refund and didn't have to send the part back. Update us when you talk to them. I like seeing how companies handle mistakes

(mobile)

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,464 Posts
I bought a pair of struts and ended up stripping one when installing them. I made an online return request and was refunded the very next day, no questions asked. They didn't even want the damaged part back. :th_woot: Probably end up using it to make a trophy :salute:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Ok, so shorty has come and gone

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I work in parts, used stuff does slip through the cracks and ends up back on the shelf sometimes..
I always swap it out as quick as I can, but I Hope they make it right!

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really rock auto again? So I order 2 hubs WITH sensors. The picture clearly shows the hub coming with sensors and it even says with sensors. Guess what? My two brand new hubs have NO sensors!

Glad my weekend project turned into a lot longer now

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Are they shipping over night?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Really rock auto again? So I order 2 hubs WITH sensors. The picture clearly shows the hub coming with sensors and it even says with sensors. Guess what? My two brand new hubs have NO sensors!

Glad my weekend project turned into a lot longer now

How much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts