Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did it about a month ago and didnt really notice anything but sound but thats just my butt dyno. It kinda feels like it has a better top end though.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I did it. It's not a HUGE gain, but definitely noticeable and well worth it for the time involved.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I did it over Easter. Awesome difference!

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
i need to do mine sometime

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
No codes yet and I don't expect any. :doku:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
i havent had any codes and i didnt really notice much... no mpg increases either

but for the money (free lol) id still do it

C

·
0 Posts
will any kind of check engine light come on? or is it completley safe to do it

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
gerry (co4z71) has been telling me to do this over and over before we re-tune my truck. im hoping i'll get it done sometime soon....

did all of you replace both gaskets? should i? worth it? any complication? recommendations? hahaha im sure chevy is thinking the same things. all insight helps. thanks guys.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I don't know if I will nead the manifold gasket...but you should replace the donut. I just both to be safe, because it would suck to need it and not have it. Plus they came to like 30 bones for both :) and besides...if you don;t open it...you can always return it !

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i didnt replace my gaskets but im going to when i have time cause i can here a small exaust leak from underneath but no big deal my trucks loud as hell so you only hear it for a sec. Whoevers going to do it you can use some of the pieces from you jack under the seat to bust it up thats what i did and used a big screw driver. i think that huge ball of cotton is the hardest to get out.:mav:

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
sure youre not just hearing the air in the cat? it sounds like a leak, but on mine its not. i had it all checked. they can weld a straight piece in the cat for you to delete the sound, but it sounds good on a 4 banger...i think.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts