Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 Colorado Z71
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I live just east of Knoxville, TN. I've got an '06 z71 2wd colorado. Bought it a little over two years ago with 79k miles on it. An older gentleman had owned the truck and when he passed away his daughter sold it on Craigslist. I think I got pretty lucky!! The only issue I found on the truck when I bought it was that the rear bumper was bent down a little (previous owner had backed into a concrete wall in a parking garage).

Chevy Clorado.JPG

The truck now has 129k on it and I LOVE driving it. Even though it is just 2wd, I still havent managed to get it stuck. Admittedly I keep it in hay fields and I can't always go straight up hill sides that I'd like to but with a little patience it goes where I need it to.

I haven't made any modifications to the truck yet but I'm considering doing the pre-cat delete, changing out the servos in the transmission, and adding a transmission oil cooler. I pull a trailer on the interstate fairly often and I'd like to try and make this little truck last as long as I can.

If there are any active members in the Knoxville area give me a shout, especially if you've those little mods im considering. I probably spend way too much time reading threads on this forum but I'm grateful to everybody that shares their experiences. Sure beats trying to figure it out on your own!

·
Premium Member
'06 Colorado Z71
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and today the truck is sitting in the garage with the rear bench and front passenger seat removed. The truck used to sit out in the weather and sure enough that third brake light started leaking after I changed a bulb about a year ago. Of course I didn't notice it until the roofliner turned brown from water damage. I had some form-a-gasket on hand so I threw it on there (I feel like I might regret that later) and now I'm trying to get things dried out. The passenger seat has quite a bit of rust on the components under the chair and the passenger seat belt has rusted as well. Luckily no rust on the grounds.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts