1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
gotta like that it's getting love and awesome reviews. First gens got crap reviews everywhere

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
gotta like that it's getting love and awesome reviews. First gens got crap reviews everywhere
I agree with that 100%. I really don't understand why, other than a 5 cylinder is weird. They look good and are fairly capable in terms of a mid size.

The 2nd gen is going to be a good fresh start for the GM midsizes.

·
Internet Troll
1,253 Posts
The reviews are such that it may be the truck of the year again (diesel version).

I would like to get one myself, but I don't foresee a time when one would be affordable.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
They are cool and if you needed one for size. But still like the gas, you can go fullsize gas and tow even more and spend less getting a used late model. I'm ready to see some people start building them up, but it won't be me. I clung onto the 08 5 cyl well past it's worth.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Woe is me as I have outgrown these trucks... My next truck will have to be a fullsize. I was pretty stoked when I first saw these things in person honestly as I didn't need a fullsize.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I use my truck too much to go any smaller than my last one. The old beater I have now I can throw full length studs, 4x8 sheets of plywood, 10' lengths of pipe laid diagonal, and still shut the tailgate. And my lil utility trailer is 2,500 lbs empty so a 4 banger gas is out of the question. I would take a new diesel if it was given to me but I just can't justify $35k+ on a truck I will put a few hundred miles on a month.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well if I have a mid size that can tow almost 8000lbs there is no need for a fullsize for me. I tow a trailer with another vehicle on it maybe once or twice a year.

Most that claim they will move up do......but there is a trend of those users moving back to the mid size...... they really didn't need the size, capability or staggering fuel bill on the daily basis; how many times have we seen that here alone :shrug:

Plus, i also have a Tahoe that can tow 10,000lbs if needed :shrug: Now that the wife has had a taste of the big boy SUVs..... I'm sure we will trade this one on another one when the time comes......... hopefully by then they will offer the DURAMAX in the Tahoe's/Suburban's

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I think I've gotten spoiled to having a crew cab duramax work truck. My wife has a nice camry but I don't need a dependable daily. The old dodge I snatched up cost me two weeks pay and it's broke down on me one and cost $12 to fix. I seen the new Tacoma commercial and they look a lot like the canyons now. Diversity is gone.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ glad I was not the only one to think that of the new Taco's

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
Well if I have a mid size that can tow almost 8000lbs there is no need for a fullsize for me. I tow a trailer with another vehicle on it maybe once or twice a year.

Most that claim they will move up do......but there is a trend of those users moving back to the mid size...... they really didn't need the size, capability or staggering fuel bill on the daily basis; how many times have we seen that here alone :shrug:

Plus, i also have a Tahoe that can tow 10,000lbs if needed :shrug: Now that the wife has had a taste of the big boy SUVs..... I'm sure we will trade this one on another one when the time comes......... hopefully by then they will offer the DURAMAX in the Tahoe's/Suburban's
Go against the grain and get an old 7.3 powerstroke excursion lol.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL...... I'm a GM guy.

·
RIP Forrest
12,421 Posts
I wouldn't mind one, I won't touch a ford diesel from 6.0 forward though. The company I work for switched over to all GM and it is very rare to tear into a duramax. Injectors, turbo, emissions stuff yeah but that's with them all. Ford stopped honoring warranty work on our 6.0's and everything since then has been junk. People brag on them for weekend haulers when they tow a bass boat but I've got 284,371 right now on my dmax, maybe 20,000 of that without a load and I would trust it to run cross country tomorrow. 7.3's are reliable just weak.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Depending on real world fuel mileage input and what it's like to test drive one there is a high probability I will buy one of these in the next 12-18 months. Most likely there will be a fleet of GM owned test trucks hit dealer auctions in the next few months, so there will be some used one's available for a test drive pretty soon. That's the way it was when they released the Cruze diesel at least.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts