Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I have been talking with a few of you about getting a decent FL/GA meet going and this seemed to be a good place and time.

The date and time of the meet is May 17th, 2014 at 10am.

Tom Brown Park offers plenty of open green-space that we can park together on and set up some tents/grills/chairs/etc. On top of that Tom Brown park has fields for all sports, a phenomenal RC Track, BMX track, BMX Dirt Jumps, BMX/MTB flow track, lots of MTB trails, two playgrounds for the kids, disc golf course, tennis and racquetball courts, and a dog park.

Check out the Tom Brown Park website!

Here is a map of Tom Brown Park

The date and time of the meet is May 17th, 2014 at 10am. I have added a poll for food/drink options. There is no alcohol allowed in the park.

If anyone would like to spend the weekend in the area There are quite a few members not far off so full weekend of festivities is likely!

If anyone wants to make a weekend out of it, you definitely should! Here is a map of hotels near the park. Plenty of cool places to visit that are less than 30 minutes from the park. Alfred B. Maclay Gardens, Wakulla Springs, and the Tallahassee Museum (more of a zoo + Museum lol). On top of that there are at least 3 active members who live within ~40 minutes of the place that are all willing to hang out outside the meet (Myself, DigEm, GeorgiaBoy).

Current attending list:

1. DigEm +1
2. Local 355 guy
3. GeorgiaBoy +1
4. Ghost355
5. fl10canyon +1
6. Skizzo
7. Projecton24s +1
8. Local 355 +1
9. Malicious
10. '04colorado + 1
11. WDEagle
12. ClaytonSDime

YOU!

Map to location in the park:

This is to the spot we will be meeting up at the park. The red path brings you in from the North entrance via Easterwood dr. The blue path brings you in the South entrance via Conner blvd. The purple path is the common road between the two and takes you to the spot we will be at. There is a big tree which will provide shade making the tents not as necessary. The arrow indicates a more precise location.

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts
Re: FL/GA meet in Tallahassee, FL May 17, 2014 at Tom Brown Park

Thanks Skizzo!! I am going to be helping Skizzo with this meet. If you need anything and cannot get him, catch up with me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
54 Posts

Will this be a one day thing or will some be staying over until Sunday. I know if I can get things done and wifee on board I'll be coming Friday night and staying until Sunday noonish.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts

Basically a one day thing, 10am until, but if you want to come and stay, that is ok too. If several peeps come and stay there are plenty of places to get together to eat and stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts

I'll be staying at my folks in Bainbridge only 45 mins away so if anyone stays I'd be willing to come back and hang out

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Basically a one day thing, 10am until, but if you want to come and stay, that is ok too. If several peeps come and stay there are plenty of places to get together to eat and stuff.
THIS... there are a few hotels right near Tom Brown (within 5 minutes), I live about 5 minutes away, and I know DigEm isn't too far away either. I was talking to 04colorado who said something about staying for the weekend. It is definitely an option and if people want to there is a good amount of people that will be around.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Sorry all I will not be in town that weekend. I had plans already. So Sorry I will not be able to go. If that changes I will let you know and try to come that weekend.

Steve05

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

No worries man. Due to the interest in people staying in town the whole weekend I added a map of hotels near the park to the OP just above the list of attendees!
@'04colorado

·
Premium Member
3,253 Posts

THIS... there are a few hotels right near Tom Brown (within 5 minutes), I live about 5 minutes away, and I know DigEm isn't too far away either. I was talking to 04colorado who said something about staying for the weekend. It is definitely an option and if people want to there is a good amount of people that will be around.
^^^ This. I live 20 minutes away so anyone who wants to stay, there will be folks around.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

If you vote please let us know in the thread here whether you will be attending or tentative. The poll closes a week or two before the meet to provide ample time to get everything together if everyone decides on the paid option (which is a heavy favorite right now).

1 - 20 of 190 Posts