Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my truck lower. I went from a 2/3 to a 3/4 with the DJM control arms and 4" blocks. Install wasn't bad except that my friend and I ended up aligning it ourselves and that took a while. All in all pretty easy and smooth sailing. The ride isn't much different, although I hit a HUGE dip on the highway this mornng and scrubbed my front fenders pretty hard and hit my bump stops in the back pretty good too. I may need to cut them down if it happens frequenly. I think it looks TONS better and the thing I am most happy about is that I can go lower pretty easily in the future now! :D

Well, on to the pictures.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
The round ones in the back? (thanks) :D
Yeah, I'm talking about the rears. Were those the ones you were hitting? Or were you talking about the fronts?

I have balljoints, so I'm not used to hitting the bumpstops in the front. lol.

You have two bumpstops back there.

The large ones and the small pads on the frame. Remove the large ones and keep the ones on the frame.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I'm talking about the rears. Were those the ones you were hitting? Or were you talking about the fronts?

I have balljoints, so I'm not used to hitting the bumpstops in the front. lol.

You have two bumpstops back there.

The large ones and the small pads on the frame. Remove the large ones and keep the ones on the frame.
I didn't hit the bumpstops in the front...just the fender liners. The back slapped pretty hard... :kiki: I will take those off tonight if I get the time.

Next is a crossmember. Maybe I will get one for Christmas! :noes:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
LOOKS SOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!

Yea, trash the old bumpstops!!!

Looks so good :flatman:

I guess old doods can still roll in style!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
looks good man... I hit my bump stops all the time I can't wait till my adjustable coils come in for the front and the drop shocks for the back.

·
o.g.
3,412 Posts
new sig time!!!!!!! looking good bro

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks great man. i'm going to go with a 3/4 as soon as i get mine. what tire/wheel combo size do you have?
Thanks. I have 18x8 rims and 235/55/18 tires...when I go lower, I will be getting some lower profile tires as well. Right now, they fill up the wheel well pretty good.

new sig time!!!!!!! looking good bro
Hell yeah!

noice....Looks sexay...:thumbup:
Thanks, brah.

M

·
0 Posts
If you wanted to lower it, why didn't you just remove the lift kit that you had on it? Duh.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts