Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to have a problem with the dash lights flickering. It started with the HVAC lights randomly flickering, and now last night every light in the center stack was flickering.

Every once in a while when I turn on the lights the lights on the instrument panel will not come on except for the backlighting for the DIC and after a few minutes they'll come on.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
Mine started doing this recently, but I have had the colors changed. Best bet is to send them to Clint @captainrab or Ivan @ivan351 to have them do their thing

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I would check your fender ground points. Ground issues can cause weird things...

A while back my gauge lights would completely shut off, including stereo, then if I punched the dash everything would come back on for a few seconds. Fixed the fender ground points and now everything is fine.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I played around with the switch, and I think it might be the rheostat on the headlight switch because it sometimes dims the light and sometimes it doesn't. And if I tap on it the lights flicker a bit.

I'll check the grounds again just to rule them out, but I did clean them back a few months ago when the HVAC lights started the flicker thing and cleaning them didn't resolve the issue.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know there is the how to for pulling the switch to change the bulbs, but has anyone cracked the switch open to clean the contacts for the rheostat?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had that same problem. I actually bought a whole new headlight switch and daytime headlight sensor and replaced them both. No problems after that but it was the more expensive route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts