Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a stupid question, but what does it mean when people "flip" their third breaklight? And how is this mod done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
flipping the 3rd brake light is exactly how it sounds.. they flip it around.

right now the "rounded" side is pointing down (i believe)..

they unscrew it.. turn it around.

stock:

Flipped:

thanks MC and rrcn for the gallery pics :kiki:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I always wondered this myself....gives me something to do tonight..Thanks slyfox for asking and thanks 22 for responding...:355:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
but check your flip if u do it.. some people have done it just fine no problems... others have noticed a gap after they flipped it. if there is a gap, put it back to normal cuz it will develop a leak if u dont try to find a solution.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
good looking out 22 ill let you guys know how it goes tomorrow and post up some pics if i can get a digi cam...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
wait..holy crap... people literally just flipped it....no messing with the wiring or mounting at all?? if so im gonna go do mine as soon as this is responded too...

Reactions: Simmerbecky
P

·
0 Posts
wait..holy crap... people literally just flipped it....no messing with the wiring or mounting at all?? if so im gonna go do mine as soon as this is responded too...
How to flip your 3rd:
1) unscrew
2) flip
3) re-screw to stock location.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
good lord that seems too quick and easy......brb....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha i thought it was somthing like that but wasn't sure if it was actually that simple. thanks guys im gonna try it out

·
0 Posts
When you flip it just do your best to screw it in as far as you can...the foam will settle a little bit after a day or so...should be enough to fill in the gap if there is any...

I had a gap when I flipped mine...it went away after a few hours...

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
ok i just did it...bolts were a pita to get back in. kept threading at an angle. there is a small gap on the bottom side of the light now tho. i wonder if that will even be an issue or not. might just flip it back in a day or two.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
haha econo answered my question b4 i even posted it. i figured it would settle a bit but wasnt sure if it would be enough sounds liek it will be.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
or do like i did and just shave it. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
The all red ones are only like $40 from the dealer.

The only thing i don't like about flipping it is that now the lamp angles upward and looks kinda funky when it lights up.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts