Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Flipped 3rd Brake Light

6K views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  lkout4trucks 
#1 ·
This may seem like a stupid question, but what does it mean when people "flip" their third breaklight? And how is this mod done?

Thanks!

#7 ·
wait..holy crap... people literally just flipped it....no messing with the wiring or mounting at all?? if so im gonna go do mine as soon as this is responded too...

Reactions: Simmerbecky
G
#12 ·
When you flip it just do your best to screw it in as far as you can...the foam will settle a little bit after a day or so...should be enough to fill in the gap if there is any...

I had a gap when I flipped mine...it went away after a few hours...

#13 ·
ok i just did it...bolts were a pita to get back in. kept threading at an angle. there is a small gap on the bottom side of the light now tho. i wonder if that will even be an issue or not. might just flip it back in a day or two.

#15 ·
haha econo answered my question b4 i even posted it. i figured it would settle a bit but wasnt sure if it would be enough sounds liek it will be.

#23 ·
just go to nappa or somewhere with a work truck and ask them if you could trade them. or do like I did and have one of your crazy friends steal it.

#25 ·
the auto club im in has an unwritten rule we tell all our new members..."If we catch you messing with any members car we will total your ride and break your arm. Thank you for the cooperation." im not even joking lol. when we first mentioned this in a joking manor we found out our buddy dave punched out and broke both of some kids hands for stealing stuff out of his jeep. psycho ********...

#27 ·
well duh. lol

as for my 3rd the gap has closed up to almost perfectly flush. has enough room to stick a piece of paper in the bottom side of it. should be fine...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.