Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Swapped Supper 44 for a Super 10
The Super 44 was not what was hoping for, the Super 10 is much better except still
a bit disappointed at WOT operation.

If you play both side by side you can hear the deeper/louder tone of the Super 10
The Super 44 are supposed to be about 85db, the Super 10 about 92db, but personally
does not sound that significant to me, would need meter to compare.
80db vs 90db should be 3X louder, “I think anyway” so was expecting 2x louder,
not sure that was achieved.

Honestly though, at idle the tone difference is subtle, yet distinguishable, with the
Super 44 on WOT sounded like a big piped compressor, cuz of the Maggie. Now with
the Super 10, get a bit more engine tone during WOT, but still at WOT mostly sounds
like a high output compressor, which is basically actually what a motor is ;)
Very little engine tone at WOT.

If you guys are "really" interested will upload a WOT of the Super 10, but kinda a hassle
to mount GoPro. In cab would be easier, have some in cab of the Super 44 that could
compare with.

mp4's not up-loadable?

Super-44 FlowMaster Super 44 prior to swapping for a Super 10, Canyon-Colorado 5.3l V8 - YouTube
Super-10 FlowMaster Super 10 after swapping for a Super 44, Canyon-Colorado 5.3l V8 - YouTube

·
Registered
360 Posts
Why not look at dynomax, cherry bomb, borla or corsa? I bet with an slp loudmouth 2 it would be loud.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not look at dynomax, cherry bomb, borla or corsa? I bet with an slp loudmouth 2 it would be loud.
Objective was to reduce compressor like sound at WOT, not necessarily increase loudness.
The Super 10 is big improvement, but suspecting the CAT's are actually causing the compressor sound at WOT. Unable/Unwilling to remove CATS cuz Cali CARB regulations.

Assumption is headers would allow for actual motor tone at WOT.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Explain the compressor like sound??? you mean the blower whine??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Explain the compressor like sound??? you mean the blower whine??
At WOT the exhaust note is nearly 100% the sound of air flowing, zero to little actual motor tone. Sounds like a jet engine taking off, instead of a V8.

The MagnaChargers have negligible supercharger whine, you hear the whine, just not really pronounced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts