Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my FLT stage IV 4l65E today, and my sst Yank torque converter. Can't wait to get them installed! My stock transmission is not holding up well. I'll take pics of the install. Also getting some 799 heads built too, just need to find a cam that will work well with the supercharger. Any advice on the transmission install would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Nice! I've got a Yank 3200 sitting in the garage waiting to be put in. I'll be watching this.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks! Can't wait to get them on. The trans is slipping bad!
Hey,

How is the FLT doing, you happy with results?

Now into a 2nd rebuild of factory tranny...... 1st rebuild lasted less than 1000 miles, transmission shop is suggesting the TCM tune is responsible for 3rd-4th and coast clutch packs burning up........ Initial failure was 2nd-3rd band and assumed related to over heating during dyno tuning.

Weighing options of go through with another rebuild or use factory unit as core and purchase an aftermarket.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My FLT trans is holding up great! I would say if your planning on pushing your truck passed 350hp it's a good investment. It made a big difference.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
what are you guys using for a cooler thermo stat ?
i need a new one

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
How much cooler Al?

190, 180 or 160

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
what are you guys using for a cooler thermo stat ?
i need a new one
I used a Hayden oil cooler since I didn't run it in series with the stock radiator trans cooler. The Hayden oil cooler is a lot bigger. If you're not going to run a trans cooler in series they recommend a cooler twice as big. I tried to run a smaller b&m cooler in series but the line kept blowing of the stock connection, so I decided to do a bigger cooler with Russell braided ded lines and AN fittings.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I've been using a B&M stack plate cooler for a few years now. I have it in series with my OEM trans cooler and a Auto Meter trans temps gauge.

My trans temps stay between 125-165 depending on the time of year

·
Registered
133 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts