Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get replacement bulbs for the fog lights? The bulb I pulled out is labeled 9145, unfortunately no auto parts stores in town carry this. Not Vatozone, Checkers, or pep boys. Whats weird is when they look it up in their system it says H11, but it is obviously different, and it doesn't fit.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I had the same problem! Actually rode around for months before I came across a solution. A colorado came into the previous shop I was at. It was hit in the front and they wrote it for a new fog light. So I grabed the bulb out of the old one since it still worked, and then when the new one came, I grabed the bulb out of it and the parts guy called the Co. up and said it didn't come with one! hahaha So they had to buy us a new one. I think you can get them at the dealer but last time I checked, they were like $20-$30 a piece. Probably not that much still since this was over a year ago......

·
Registered
253 Posts
The tabs on the 9045s and 9005s don't match up, I already tried. The bulb won't go in the socket.

rsquires, what exactly did you do?

take a utility knife and shave one of the tabs down a little bit. i have 9005s in there, just takes some fenangling. really no problem at. a lot brighter too because they are highs and not the low beams that have the crap on the end. i had to do the same thing for my DRL bulbs.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i had the same problems... the real bulbs are H10's and i couldnt find them anywhere except ebay.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
hahahaha..... i only paid 200 for a set.. but i know what u mean..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ask at any auto parts counter. They have 9045 on the shelf, just not on pegs. The high and low (9005 and 9006) are higher wattage than the 9045s.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
HID conversion with 9006 bulbs.......cheaper and brighter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts