Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Why were those cut? Do you have power on the purple wire? Do you have ground on the black wire?

‘Continuity’ mode varies among DMMs, but look for a diode symbol with propagation waves around it (like sound coming from a speaker).
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-use-a-multimeter/continuity

I'm not sure what pin in the fuse box the purple wire connects to. It'll be one of the pins for the #52 relay.

Lemme check if I have any pin outs for the fuse box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok cool thx for all the info Rick! I had to cut those wires cause a few months ago my one fog went out and damaged wiring was the culprit so I just electrical taped it back together and the other day I undid the tape and properly twisted the wires back together after using alcohol on them and then soldered them, then put electrical tape around them again for water protection. But I'll buy a multimeter tonight when I get off work and test for continuity in the + and ground in the -. I really hope I don't need to replace the entire factory wiring harness, but it's starting to look that way ain't it? Lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Hey Rick I should probably mention thata few days ago when my fog HID's went out, I immediately plugged in my old halogens into the original fog connectors and only the passenger side lit up. So then I switched the bulbs and still only the passenger side lit up. I took apart the electrical tape on the drivers side and found the wire freyed so then I twisted it back together and tested both bulbs again. Both halogens lit up. I then proceeded to solder the wires on the drivers side and then NEITHER halogen bulbs lit up! Maybe the harness fried in between soldering thats the only explanation I can think of...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The whole fuckin time my fuse was blown. Apparently I didn't know how to KNOW if a fuse is blown. Clearly it is blown on the center lmao. Halogen's work in the old connectors now. Plugged in low beam HID harness to fog lights and the fogs worked. The fog light HID wiring harness was the culprit. Not the factory wiring harness.

Attachments

21 - 40 of 43 Posts