Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 LS with factory fog lights - not working. Bulbs are both good, fuse is good and has power, relay is good, both ground blocks on the fenders recently worked over. Other than the pricey switch, are there other known suspect places to look for the trouble?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Check the wiring for continuity, try bypassing the switch with a jumper wire temporarily.
How did you test the relay?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bread-boarded he removed relay. The coil was pulling in OK and power did flow through the switch when the relay pulled in.

I don't have a wiring diagram needed to check circuit continuity. Can you help with that?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, am I reading this correctly, in that if I removed and unplugged the light switch and then put a jumper from contact point 8 (Yellow) on the switch connector to contact point 7 (Orange-Green), that should do the same thing as turning the fog lamp switch on?

Then too, one should be able to tell a whole lot by just listening to the relay and hearing if it pulls in when the fog lamp push-button switch is pushed in - remembering that the headlights must be in the on & dim position for the fog lamps to come on..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Physically, where is that BCM located? How to check BCM???? As I mentioned, both ground blocks, one on each fender, have been thoroughly gone through.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Physically, where is that BCM located? How to check BCM???? As I mentioned, both ground blocks, one on each fender, have been thoroughly gone through.
The Body Control Module is located in the driver's side kick panel. Disconnect the the battery for about a hour to reset it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I rebooted the BCM as suggested. I don't know as that did any good, but tell you what did. Be kind, see I'm pretty new to this old '04 girl. Too bad the OM doesn't mention that the engine must be running for the fog lights to work! It only mentions that the head lights must be on dim.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts