Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I remember somewhere sayign that the trailblazer/envoy GMT 360 platform was similar to our 355 platform

anyone think a front end swap would be possible like it is with say a cavalier and a sunfire you can literally unbolt those front ends and swaps them

just food for thought

a Trailblazer SS front end might not look bad hmmm

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I actually thought this a month ago when looking at a TBSS that was across from me on the road... i was like.. hmmmm what would that look like?

sounds like a PS request to me.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I've seen it done on the S10s people tossing TB front ends on...If I was you I would toss one of the new 07 front ends! They don't have the little bar that parts the headlights!

Just my thoughts...

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've seen it done on the S10s people tossing TB front ends on...If I was you I would toss one of the new 07 front ends! They don't have the little bar that parts the headlights!
s-10s involve cutting and welding I'm wondering if its a straight swap

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Read my edited post!

The new style front end would be a heap easier seeing the headlights are more sperated from the grille shell itself...

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
that still doesnt answer the question of whether or not the front conversion will be a DIRECT swap or not... just cuz that headlights are different doesnt mean shit

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
that still doesnt answer the question of whether or not the front conversion will be a DIRECT swap or not... just cuz that headlights are different doesnt mean shit
I just sait it would look nicer! What has crawled up your ass lately?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Well....I have personally worked the front ends of Both Trailblazers/Envoys and Colorados/Canyons. Not just parts swapping like headlights, bumpers, etc...but serious structural repair like, core supports, upper aprons, frame work, etc.....

The front ends are NOT interchangeable. The 2 structures are completly different. Not to say that it can't be done, it just would take some serious modifications.

TB/E's use a "Headlight mounting panel" to attatch the grill and headlights, and as you all know, on the 355's the lights and grill just bolt and snap directly into the core support. Plus the shape of the fenders wouldn't match our doors. We have actual bumpers and TB/E's just have Covers barely(2-10mm bolts and 4-6 clips) mounted over a reinforcement, but the mounting points are way different.

I could go on but you get the point.......Good thought though. I love those TB/SS's....:doku:

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....I have personally worked the front ends of Both Trailblazers/Envoys and Colorados/Canyons. Not just parts swapping like headlights, bumpers, etc...but serious structural repair like, core supports, upper aprons, frame work, etc.....

The front ends are NOT interchangeable. The 2 structures are completly different. Not to say that it can't be done, it just would take some serious modifications.

TB/E's use a "Headlight mounting panel" to attatch the grill and headlights, and as you all know, on the 355's the lights and grill just bolt and snap directly into the core support. Plus the shape of the fenders wouldn't match our doors. We have actual bumpers and TB/E's just have Covers barely(2-10mm bolts and 4-6 clips) mounted over a reinforcement, but the mounting points are way different.

I could go on but you get the point.......Good thought though. I love those TB/SS's....:doku:
thank you

1 - 13 of 13 Posts