Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where the USB port goes iinto and how to set pictures as the background.

Thanks in advance

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a shop set it up. So the ipod cable plugs directly into where you plug in the usb?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok I have another question for you guys and did not want to make a new thread. Is there any way to add more things to the ext sw controls? I have my compressor and fog lights hooked up but would possibly like to add some more stuff like switches for heated seats.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh and how do you set up the rear view camera again. I've set it back up a couple times but now I can not find that menu to turn it back on.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
You can add just about any thing that needs to be switched (pulsed or constant) that you can think of. However, you will need to run relays as the hidden touch screen switches can only handle low amp accessories.

To set-up the reverse camera, go to SETUP > AV INTERFACE > SCREEN 2 > R-CAM INTERRUPTION - ON

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can add just about any thing that needs to be switched (pulsed or constant) that you can think of. However, you will need to run relays as the hidden touch screen switches can only handle low amp accessories.

To set-up the reverse camera, go to SETUP > AV INTERFACE > SCREEN 2 > R-CAM INTERRUPTION - ON
thanks I just put the camera back on. I was wondering if I could run more than two things? because right now I already have those two spots filled.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Ah, nope. You can only control one device/accessory per switch.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dang I was hoping that kenwood would sell an accessory so you could add more switches. Thanks for your help man. you saved me a bunch of time trying to figure that stuff out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I can't wait for mine to get here...SC, overall, what are your fav features on the deck? How's the ease of use?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I can't wait for mine to get here...SC, overall, what are your fav features on the deck? How's the ease of use?
The deck is very user friendly. After a couple days of playing around with it you will pretty much understand everything. when you first go into the setup menu it can get kind of confusing but once you've played in there a couple times setup is a breeze. I would have to say my top favorite features are the navigation, it is dead on accurate along with being easy to find stuff on the go. I think the switches to control your other stuff is badass, your truck keeps that clean look with out a million switches in your truck. my third would be the bluetooth. just because it sounds so clear on both sides of the conversation.

its also nice to have an ipod hooked up to it. I have a bunch of movies on my ipod, so I could watch any movie I want right from my ipod. I would ground your parking brake so you could "listen" to movies while driving.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Word, I planned on doing that...

So it controls accessories eh...but you have to run a relay because of the low amperage condition...so foglights are able to run off of it if you have a relay installed?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Word, I planned on doing that...

So it controls accessories eh...but you have to run a relay because of the low amperage condition...so foglights are able to run off of it if you have a relay installed?
yes sir. :)

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heres mine setup. and yes I know compressor is spelled wrong. I had the guy who installed it for me set it up. so I need to figure out how to change the name.

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
Goddamn I love this deck...and I don't even have mine yet. :lol:
Which one did you get? the 7100 or the newer 8120?

I want to sell my 8019 and get the 8120 now hahaha

·
CALI BOSS
6,312 Posts
You will love it even MORE then!!

The 8120 is SOOOOO much easier to tune than it's predecessors. You can select different listen environments and raise/lower audio output locations regardless of speaker locations to get the perfect sound staging. It's awesome! That's why I want it!! haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts