Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009-2014 5.3L Colorado needed in Socal to prototype BBK longtube headers - free set!

Hey all, I worked with BBK Performance last year to develop a longtube swap header for putting a 2011+ 5.0L DOHC Mustang motor into a 79-04 Mustang platform. That header proved extremely successfuly for them. Now they want to develop an LSx 1 3/4" ceramic coated longtube for 2004-2014 Colorado's/ Canyons. I will be providing them with my 2006 (fitted with an LS1 and T56), but they need a 2009+ factory V8 truck. They're also interested in developing a throttle body and cold air intake for our trucks. BBK will need the truck at their R&D facility for only a few days. They are first going to prototype the headers on my truck, then they want to test fitment on a factory V8 truck to make sure that 1 header can be used for all years. Whoever provides their truck will get a free set of headers and x-pipe. If they do the cold air/ throttle body, then they will also get a free one of those.

Please contact me via PM or my cell phone 949-235-6019 if you are interested. My truck will go down to BBK in mid May, so they will need the truck in early June for no more than a few days.

T

·
0 Posts
Re: 2009-2014 5.3L Colorado needed in Socal to prototype BBK longtube headers - free

Nice, will be a good idea to make them for a truck fitted with Torsion Bars, then they will fit all trucks.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
Re: 2009-2014 5.3L Colorado needed in Socal to prototype BBK longtube headers - free

I'll send this to a Socal member in Bakersfield. :thumbup:

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Re: bbk longtubes

I can't believe they didn't get a nibble for a free set of long tubes from a local V8 owner out there. I would at least let them make me a set and test fit them. That way I have a set when I get ready for them in the future. The rental car would only cost about $100 for 4 days.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Never heard from anyone on this project, BBK said unless we could find a V8 truck, they couldn't move forward, so we're still looking...

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts

I sent it to him again today, you should already have a message from him. :thumbup:

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Any updates @collyguy

·
Registered
244 Posts
If it wasn't 2.,000 miles away, I would be all over this!

·
Premium Member
706 Posts

I'll can drive my truck 38 hours if they really want it.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
somebody, please do this. it would mean a lot to us 355 guys

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
I always thought doug thorley s were modeled on a 2WD and OTTP were modeled on a 4WD? Wasn't it only the 4WD guys that had fitment issues causing the messaging?

edit: OP, are they shooting for equal length long tube headers. That would be something we really don't have without being custom done.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
I always thought doug thorley s were modeled on a 2WD and OTTP were modeled on a 4WD? Wasn't it only the 4WD guys that had fitment issues causing the messaging?

edit: OP, are they shooting for equal length long tube headers. That would be something we really don't have without being custom done.
I would suggest contacting the guy in the original thread from my OP or the thread I linked above. He would have the most accurate information for you. However, I would assume they would go for equal length long tubes because it just makes the most sense...but I've been wrong many times before.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,474 Posts
They haven't responded back to our guy out here yet. He left them a few messages and is just waiting now.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts