Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they are using a different hub configuration so you don't have to pull the hubs to replace the front rotors

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Dudes I would like to know more about this "rotor" thing, I´m not an expert in front suspension, is there any link where I can figure out what is the disadvantage of our 1st gen trucks vs this new option?

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Dudes I would like to know more about this "rotor" thing, I´m not an expert in front suspension, is there any link where I can figure out what is the disadvantage of our 1st gen trucks vs this new option?
To swap rotors you have to remove the hubs on the 1st gens.......total PITA. The new design.....pull the wheels and swap the rotor................saves you about an extra 2-4 hours worth of labor

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
To swap rotors you have to remove the hubs on the 1st gens.......total PITA. The new design.....pull the wheels and swap the rotor................saves you about an extra 2-4 hours worth of labor
Makes me miss my s10...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Yeah it's pretty absurd that they built these trucks with that kind of set-up. Even the rear drum brakes are pushing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts