Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since installing my QA1's the ride has a rather bouncy. So last night I was looking at the setup and noticed that I'm pretty much ridin' the bump stops. There only about an inch before it hit.

So my question is... are you guys removing the front bump stops or are you just trimming them down? If trimming them how far?

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
ive seen both. guys who take them off and ones who trim them down.

from what ive seen they trim about half of it off.

i left mine on :shrug:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
that rust does not seem like you Rich. take that bump stop off (its unbelievably unlikely to hyper-extend anything) and clean up that rust!

i havent had bump stops in a while. totally diff suspension setup but yeah, ditch em!

·
truck built on Saturday..
5,082 Posts
I trimmed mine and it rode alot better while also keeping me from rubbkngbthe fenders. With them removed the tires rub the fender insanely.

·
CHEEZEDOODLE
29,666 Posts
I use my cut ones to limit movment.

Front and back.

Id cut them and put them back, then if you still arent happy with the situation, take them completely out.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
when i was lowered, i took mine out, removed all the rubber and put the metal pieces back in. removed about an inch, inch and a half. it rarely will ever hit, however i'd rather have it hit the metal stop than to smack.

·
Premium Member
2,059 Posts
I took mine out but I'm a lot lower than you. I rub up in front but as long as my ambition kicks in over the winter it will be getting tubbed in the front.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
when i was lowered, i took mine out, removed all the rubber and put the metal pieces back in. removed about an inch, inch and a half. it rarely will ever hit, however i'd rather have it hit the metal stop than to smack.
:shrug: That makes no sense???

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
how not? its like cutting the rubber stops down, but instead i just melted them completely off. id rather mess up the cheesy bump stops. those are replaceable. when i try to resale i want zero proof of any modifications.

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
how not? its like cutting the rubber stops down, but instead i just melted them completely off. id rather mess up the cheesy bump stops. those are replaceable. when i try to resale i want zero proof of any modifications.
The area under the bump stop is flat just like the bump stop and I really doubt you'll ever hit that area. I'm lower then anyone here and I have yet to hit that part. My tires go through the wheel well before I get close to hitting it.

You'll have to forgive him Jesse, he's 4x4 and confused :thumbup:
Okay, now that makes sense. I still don't know why the hell you would ever lower a 4x4?? :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts