Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is this the differential?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim Automotive wheel system

If so it's obviously leaking were I have bottomed out on something.This is my daily driver so I got to get this fixed pretty soon. Can I buy this and replace that whole front because it looks like it's pretty messed up.
Output device Font Gadget Audio equipment Peripheral

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I managed to get the leak stop for now. The differential is cover under my warranty I have so I pay $75 and they replace the whole thing. I am also going to have the fix my U joints to cause it's just a flat rate of $75 for however many things are wrong.. I took a hammer and lightly tapped the bottom of it back into place and tightened that bolt down pretty good. It hasn't had a drop come out in a couple hours. Now how long that will hold I have no idea. I went to the lake this weekend and did alot of mudding I had to have hit a rock and did it. Is there anything else I should think of having them replace while I am paying for the service??

Here is what it looks like now. There is a part of the gasket that is wedged out we're it was cracked but still no leak.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Tread

And here is a pic of how my truck looked after having a little fun and evidently tearing it up in the process.
Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Those Wildpeaks did really good. Even got to rescue a Jeep. He didn't think I was going to be able to pull him. He was smiling ear to ear when I got him out of a 8ft hole.

Thanks guys!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts