Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When stopping and going after letting off the brakes. Sometimes I experiance a slight front end clunk. I believe it is in the passenger side. I have noticed it over the last week or so. Everything in the front end looks ok when you climb under there except for one of my tie rod end boots looks cracked and old leading me to believe that's the problem. I haven't jacked it up to see what suspension parts might have play. But has anyone else experienced a front end clunk when stopping and going. Its not like a loud noise just a little clunk in the front of the truck. I had a similar sound like this in one of my s10's but it was the idler arm? I am supposed to go on vacation next week and I dont want the damn thing to brake suddenly driving.

Can one of the mods move this thread. I just posed it in the wrong section.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
I would check the tierods and ball joints for play. I know my inner tie rod popped every now and then because it was worn.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Also check out your swaybar endlinks and make sure they are tightened down. One of mine had a little bit of play and used to cause a bad clunking on some bumps/stops and harder left turns.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Also check out your swaybar endlinks and make sure they are tightened down. One of mine had a little bit of play and used to cause a bad clunking on some bumps/stops and harder left turns.
THAT'S ME, THAT'S ME! thanks for that, I've been trying to chase that damn noise for about five months.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its every time I hit the brakes and then let up. I dot hear it around corners or anything but going forward and backward then braking and going its the slightest clunk. My ball joints look good. 1 tie rod on the drivers side was recently replaced before I bought the truck. The other is old and the boot is cracked. I just don't want something to brake while driving the damn thing. I'm going on vacation next week and driving my truck to maine so I've been a little freaked out by the noise. I can replace the tie rod easily but now I will need an alignment too.

My sway bar links are old and rough too. I have a set of belltech sway bars I am going to install and I'm definitely going to replace the sway bar links then.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jacked it up and reefed on both wheels individually, horizontally and vertically with brakes on and off and I can't find the damn clunk. I also jacked the control arms up to relieve the weight and still nothing. I tried turning the wheels when the brakes where on to see if it was a caliper bracket also.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts