Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:seahawks:Does anyone know what the law in Washington state is for front plates on a truck?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Switz. I guess i will drive around with if off for awhile and see if they bother and if they dont well i will just keep it off and if they bug about it i will put it back on. once again thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chances are city cops won't bother you unless you have another infraction, i.e. dark tint, loud stereo, etc. But if you get on the highway, those WA State Patrolmen love to write you up for that shit.

I got quite a few in my T/A up there, good luck. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Its illegal. Me and tommy got pulled over comin from canada and the cop was all like "you know its illegal to not have a front plate in washington right...."
:lol:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya i will prolly put it back on because i didnt even think about my tint. i had it tinted at 20% and the legal limit here is 35% and plus the town i am from they dont like the loud trucks rolling around. and since i put on my flowmaster 40 series i have noticed the cops looking at me a little werid.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Chances are city cops won't bother you unless you have another infraction, i.e. dark tint, loud stereo, etc. But if you get on the highway, those WA State Patrolmen love to write you up for that shit.

I have a 2002 collector's edition T/A and no plate in front since there is no place to mount. I rarely drive it so I have yet to get busted.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Actually, I believe it depends on the state that your vehicle is registered in. My truck is registered in Indiana, which doesn't require two plates, But I'm in Wyoming, which does. So, I don't have the front plate on my truck, and I haven't had any problems with the cops here.

So, my guess would be that if the state that your truck is registered in doesn't require it, then the cops can't do anything about it.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Yes, I know first hand, $125. The cop was a loser. Said I didnt use a blinker when I did, than he noticed the license plate. What do you know, no ticket for the blinker, but one for the license plate. I have mine back on now, wifes orders.:ugh:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Isn't that just a can of high gloss spray paint?

Don't have the front lic plate issue here in Florida. And that is correct, since I am registered in FL and drove through your state, I would have no problem :)

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts

thats the same here in texas. texas state troupers love to pull people over for that shit city cops dont give a fuck

1 - 20 of 25 Posts