Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed spyder head lights and I wired the led and halos to the parking light (not the signal the other one). I also threw in some leds to the parking lights and all the rear lights...the front turn signals are still incandescent..anyone have any idea why the parking lights, LEDs, and halos all illuminate as if they are brake lights

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes to resistor s and just bulbs

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Check your wiring for those resistors, you probably mistook the parking light (brown) for the ground.

You wired the rear turn signal with a load resistor to the park lights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wired yellow (+) and the black (-), the (+) don't the one side was blue not yellow....I followed the how to on this forum for the rear lights...and same for the headlights...only instead of the halos and led on the DRL it's on the parking light...there is no resistor on the front

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I manually turn on the parking lamps they don't light up with the brakes

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
I have LEDs in my taillights and it does something similar

if I dont have my headlights on and I put my blinker on, it will feed into the other blinker. It doesnt feed into a full strength but you can tell. Now I really dont care because my front plate is on my dash and it covers the auto sensor so my headlights are always on.

Good luck trying to find the bug, I am going to subscribe to see if your fix will also fix mine

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry the other side is green

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dctrpayne..you should try flipping your bulb

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, is your circuit easy to install, how much..and will switching back to incandescent fix in the mean time?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok nice, pm shipping info? Payment via Paypal?
Also, does it come with install info, or is there a how to in the forums?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should I be putting resistors on the brake lights as well as signal lights? I ask because I noticed the lights don't get brighter when I apply the brakes with the lights turned on

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
LED's don't have variable brightness unless you are running a dimmer that stock harnesses don't emit. To get variable brightness you need 3157 dual brightness bulbs (when brake is sensed more LEDs illuminate). As for the feedback from the taillights, James's isolation circuit will fix your issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts