Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gayness....................

Any idea what I could put on the edges where the blue felt is now to keep the plastic from rubbing the paint off? I doubt the felt will stay there for very long. I'm thinking like some sort of foam...?

:mc:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
a peice of rubber with 3M tape on it..

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your just now putting it on or something?

Where has it been?
It has been hanging out behind my seat. :lol:

I got nailed a couple days ago and got a fix-it ticket for not having the plate there.

I modified the stock bracket earlier and bolted it to my SS bumper.

I'm only gonna have it on until I get the ticket signed. I can't stand the sight of it.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a peice of rubber with 3M tape on it..
Not a bad idea, I'll see what I can find.

Thanks.

Why dont you ditch the plate holder and just put a strip of double sided foam on the back of the plate where it hits the bumper and bolt the plate directley to the mesh.
I put it up like this so the cops wouldn't give me any sort of crap. The guys at the CHP station are a-holes. I just need the thing signed.

Not a bad idea though...............................

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
how about 2 L brackets that bolt to the bottom of the bumper?

ior you can try the old windshield like me ;-)

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It used to be in the windshield, but I got tired of it there, so I tossed it behind my seat.

But the windshield wont fly with the cops. It needs to be bolted. They might let you go because it's better than not having it, but they wont sign off on the citation.

·
Registered
297 Posts
It used to be in the windshield, but I got tired of it there, so I tossed it behind my seat.

But the windshield wont fly with the cops. It needs to be bolted. They might let you go because it's better than not having it, but they wont sign off on the citation.
same here. got tired of it by my windshield so i just left it in the glove compartment. i will never run the front plate ever. ticket or no ticket.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
same here. got tired of it by my windshield so i just left it in the glove compartment. i will never run the front plate ever. ticket or no ticket.
ex-fucking-zactly! I HATE front license plates and will not EVER have one on any vehicle I own. Fuck da law.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
chop up a sponge.

·
Registered
24 Posts
They don't even issue a front plate in AZ. :shrug:

I'd just drill a couple holes in the bitch and bolt it to your mesh.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rudy. how much for the ticket, or was it just to fix-it? I heard that there is a fine in Cali for that.
Last time I got a fix-it, I went to the superior court to have the sheriff sign off on it (because that's what the citing officer told me to do), and I ended up having to pay a total of $25 between court fees, a clerk fee, etc. So stupid.

This time, this officer told me to find any officer/CHP and have them sign off on it and just mail it to an address he circled on the citation. It doesn't say anything about a fine.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts