Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guys i need some help. I went to replace the front right speaker but when I took off the door panel the stock speaker had some crazy casing thing on it. Is there a way to put aftermarket speakers on without having to cut any of the wires or connections in the door?? or possible put a new speaker into that casing....heelp

·
Registered
24 Posts
You have a few options...

1. You can buy another set of stock speakers.

2. You can buy an aftermarket set of speakers and a set of spacing rings to space them out properly from the door; effectively ditching the stock "casing."

3. In my opinion the best method - buy an aftermarket set of speakers and pull out your stocks. Look for small clips on the outside of the stock speakers and pull them apart. You'll remove the cone during this process as well, pretty much damaging the stock speaker beyond use. However, when you remove the stock speaker from the "casing" it becomes a perfect mounting spot for your new speakers.

And, yes, you'll have to cut the stock plugs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks
yea i was looking for a way to remove the stock speaker from that "casing" but i didn't see any clips, however i didn't look very hard cause i was late for work already
i already have some pioneer speakers ready to go in so thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool man, it's pretty easy once you look at it, I'm sure you'll do fine, the metal basket pops right out with a flatblade and a little muscle. :)

But, if ya need more help, just post again.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
alot of companies do make speaker wire hanress for plug and play

·
Registered
131 Posts
I didn't have a problem replacing my speakers. I ordered my 6.5" Eclipse 3-ways from Crutchfield, and they sent me breackets, wiring adaptors, and everything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn ZonMatsukai i should have done that...i did it the more complicated way
i first took off the door panel with help from the door panel removal thread
then i took out the blown stock speakers and removed the plastic casing off of the cone
i also removed the connector pug that the stock speakers plug into and put them on my new speakers
then put my pioneer speakers into the casing put the plastic piece back on and connected everything with the wires that came with the new speakers
so i didn't have to cut anywires and they still sound great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts