Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car thefts in my area have been going up lately and need to protect the truck a little more now i have modified it

any done a fuel kill switch

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Huh?

Also, passlock isn't sufficient? Without your key (or a properly cut key), shouldn't passlock finally be beneficial?

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
It might be easier to switch the starter solenoid circuit. As a temporary measure, just pull the starter relay at night.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah the Passlock System cuts the fuel line like he said. Your're truck will time-out for 10 minutes and the light will flash on the dashboard if someone tries to start it without the key. I'll trade systems with you, mine "works so well" that it cuts the fuel out on me when I try to start it. :th_1j2q1i:

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
how about this

jus kidding in for info, I would like to do this as well

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Install a push button start system, no key required. The thieves will be dumbfounded when they can't figure out where your ignition is.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Car thefts in my area and need to protect the truck
no matter what you do, if someone wants your truck they'll get it.. it doesnt take much for a 'tow truck' to grab and go...

if you are worried, make sure your insurance is current, and covers what you have done to your truck. if you are with some crap insurance like gieco, then you should move to a better insurance co that will cover your stuff like state farm.

other than that, a shot gun works well

·
Registered
163 Posts
My buddy has one on his lifted silverado that kills power from the battery or something so the truck can't be started until the kill switch key it turned. It saved his truck twice now from being stolen. Once only last month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts