Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 05 fuel tank different from other years? I'm trying to find a replacement for my truck and all the o es I'm seeing online are listed to fit 06-08 and 09-12. Did the tanks change or can I use a tank from an 06+ in my 05?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I see the 05 tank as being discontinued as an OEM part . That means you need to search for a good used tank .You may also want to contact a GM dealer and ask if a tank from other years could possibly fit your year truck . Last point about used tanks , while plentiful enough they most likely will have a hole drilled into them so the fuel could be drained out . Don't know if or how to patch that .

·
Registered
4 Posts
I see the 05 tank as being discontinued as an OEM part . That means you need to search for a good used tank .You may also want to contact a GM dealer and ask if a tank from other years could possibly fit your year truck . Last point about used tanks , while plentiful enough they most likely will have a hole drilled into them so the fuel could be drained out . Don't know if or how to patch that .
I have a tank from an 06 extended cab for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts