Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The tire was touching the heat shield where the exhaust bends, so I put some super hard rubber so it possibly melts that instead of my tire. We'll see how it holds up next summer.

The tire is a Firestone destination A/T 285/70/17(33x11.5") on a Vision Incline 400 17x9 wheel. Both bought brand new because im paranoid of used tires.

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a tight fit oof... Those pics are huge btw.. I have the same size tires, and due for new ones. How is the rubbing? Also how do you like the tires? Are they noisy on the highway?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks like it's touching the shackle bolts on the driver's side? I'd prefer touching the end of the exhaust than the shackle.
I had some trouble fitting my 265/70/17 full size spare, but I modified the winch to move it slightly to the passenger side by extending the bolt hole with a file and trimming the hook on the other side. That gave it a good half-inch of clearance at the shackle.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a tight fit oof... Those pics are huge btw.. I have the same size tires, and due for new ones. How is the rubbing? Also how do you like the tires? Are they noisy on the highway?
Tight fit indeed. The tires rub a little bit. Wierdly enough, only the passenger side fender needed trimming on the backside(where the door hinge is). I am getting slight rubbing if my truck is parked on a hill(rear higher than front) and I reverse and crank left. Gonna take my dremel and big hammer and pound the pinch weld back.

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
Mine touches both the heat shield and the shackle bolt with no issues so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts