Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed there is a rather large gap between the headlights and the fender on the drivers side. Is that normal? I took a picture of both sides so you can see the difference. I can fit my finger in there. I got a carfax done when I bought the truck. Never been in an accident so what gives?

Drivers side

Passenger side - not as big of a gap

P

·
0 Posts
push your light in and make sure the clip is all the way in.

I had that same problem.

·
0 Posts
Mine is the say way...except my gap is on the passenger side...I have pushed and pulled and stabbed and hit and smacked it...just goes right back to where it is...its not noticeable unless you know its there...so...it doesn't bother me that much...

·
Registered
93 Posts
View attachment 634

There are 2 clips like right behind your turn signal houseing. With the hood open look down behind there and see that the clips are pushed all the way in. Here is a pic on my rado with the grill off. There are 2 red circles showing where the clips are at. Give that a look see. Hopes this helps a little.

·
Registered
93 Posts
One more thing. econobarn is right. It just maybe that is all the better it was built and there my be nothing you can do. Just one of those thing.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Check the gap between the doors and the fenders. It could be one fender is set back further then the other.

P

·
0 Posts
The other thing about those clips ddprice mentioned, it could be your grill is just off slightly to the passenger side, though it is unlikely because I've noticed with my grill if it's off at all, not all of the clips will seat.
yup thats exactly what happened to me, my grill sometimes was 1/2 way off the clip. Easily fixable though, take off the grill, open the clip a little more and put it back on, as good as new, never had that prob again.

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
theres a gap in mine but not that bad

also there is a gap differance between the rear of the truck and the bumper.

like ZNA said its chevy and 20k truck. its not going to be perfect. now if my lambo had gappage <-(dont know if thats a word) issues then there would be a problem :mav2:

·
Mr. Under Construction
784 Posts
yeah man its kinda one of those quality control issues that all car manufacturers have...I mean chevy's arent hand made so they do have imperfection's

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Check the gap between the doors and the fenders. It could be one fender is set back further then the other.
You were exactly right. Drivers side fender is not as flush with the hood as passenger side. You can notice it in the first pics I posted. Thank you.:355:

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I would say try what PRC suggested. After looking at your pictures again your headlight doesn't have a gap. It's only the parking light and grille. That would make me think that your grille just isn't snapped in all the way. :shrug:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts