Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.7 L. The question i am asking is What kind of mileage is everyone else gettin from these. Right now im gettin about 14.5 in the city and i havent gotten it out on the highway yet to figure that one out.

·
Est. 1965
611 Posts
I have the 3.7 crew cab and have been getting 15-16 town and 22/23 highway, but I just did the custom intake and have not had a chance to check for any improvements in mpg. It is an improvement in throttle response and sounds a little better.
I have to drive like grandma because of our two children in the backseat so that may help some, but the little one loves when I do a burnout in our driveway!
I have also tried all grades of gas and seem to get the best mpg from just 87 octane.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
I have the 3.7 crew cab and have been getting 15-16 town and 22/23 highway, but I just did the custom intake and have not had a chance to check for any improvements in mpg. It is an improvement in throttle response and sounds a little better.
I have to drive like grandma because of our two children in the backseat so that may help some, but the little one loves when I do a burnout in our driveway!
I have also tried all grades of gas and seem to get the best mpg from just 87 octane.
i did a burn out in my drive way once and my dad got pissed hes was like

:gtfoslap: i get 23 mpg city/highway not sure what it would do just highway though with my 2.9 with 31" tires though

·
Registered
563 Posts
bone stock im getting 15-16mpg in they city and about 20mpg freeway/highway.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I have a 3.7 L. The question i am asking is What kind of mileage is everyone else gettin from these. Right now im gettin about 14.5 in the city and i havent gotten it out on the highway yet to figure that one out.
what is your tire psi ? right answer- 32 psi..what air filter ?(k&R ) type of oil mobil 1- gas treatment every 3 tank . best millage is about 62 mph ...
3.5 ,auto , 3.42 gear. with cap ....
oldman:high5:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright Thanks. I am hoping to get about 15-16 mpg. I only have about 500 miles on it so far so i am assuming that it is still trying to break itself in. We'll see in the next few tanks what it gets.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yas Mike I'm around 15 right now and that's warming it up every morning, when I first got it I was at or over 18 b4 it got really cold out

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Alright Thanks. I am hoping to get about 15-16 mpg. I only have about 500 miles on it so far so i am assuming that it is still trying to break itself in. We'll see in the next few tanks what it gets.
My truck had 92 miles on it when I picked it up, and all the things to do on truck at the start helps.Get ride of stock filter - change the oil and filter , I use Mobil one , and air up the tires -32psi .Good milage is about 1550 rpm...
oldman:gcanyon:

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
i get about 15 to 16 mpg mostly city driving. On the highway i get like 23 or more. its like 230 miles on a tank in the city and about 340 on a tank on the highway. i tested it when i drove to houston.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yas Mike I'm around 15 right now and that's warming it up every morning, when I first got it I was at or over 18 b4 it got really cold out
That is exactly what i do in the morning. Unfortunantely the truck is in the body shop and im driving this piece of sh*t Hyundai untill it gets out

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
bout 350 mixed driving. i fill up with 17.5 gallons typically

1 - 20 of 37 Posts