Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i want to know about how much miles do u guys get? for about a quarter of a tank?

i can run 40miles in my truck and thats a quarter of a tank. this bitch drinks some gas. i have lightend up the heavy foot and taking off. but i live 20 miles to the town i allways go to. i can go there and come back home and thats a quarter of a tank.

so is there any thing that might be messing up my throtal body or do u think i need to clean it? or the injectors? i am not very big on engines and shit. just in lowering suspentions.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
about 100 miles first 1/4 another 100 miles to half then another 150- 180 to empty. the fuel gauge doesnt work in a linear fashion because of the shape of the tank.

·
Registered
563 Posts
1/4 until low fuel light usually gets me 70-80 miles

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
about 100 miles first 1/4 another 100 miles to half then another 150- 180 to empty. the fuel gauge doesnt work in a linear fashion because of the shape of the tank.
so ur getting about 350+ a tank. and i am prolly getting 200. yeah i think there is something wrong with my truck.

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
it ranges from 350 ( all city) to 380 ( 70 %city 30% highway) to 410-430 all highway.

it could be better but i drive like a dumbass :lol2:

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well damn time to take the truck to the shop and see what they say.

·
Registered
563 Posts
14.371 gals got me about 270 miles 2 weeks ago.
thats a little under 19mpg

and the same about got me 245 this past week.
thats about 17.0 mpg

so a fill up could get me about 300miles.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
about 38500 miles i5 just an intake. and nothing else.

wait some one awhile back told me that my truck would get shitty miles on it with that air filther. maybe so huh?

·
I fell over the edge
2,261 Posts
maybe your plugs are going bad or something. how long has the bad mileage been going on for? any CELs or anything out of the ordinary?

I used to run a K&N filter but in all honesty i didnt really notice anything with it so i put the stock filter back on it.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ehh i am guessing i just started noticing in a few months ago. and its been a few months since i put the new air filter on

·
Registered
471 Posts
05 5 speed with 70K and I'm running 18 city and 24 hwy. I drive the shit out of it around town.....just LOVE hearing the engine rev!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I get between 60-100 miles on the first quarter depending on how I drive and on the highway or not. Overall I get pretty shitty mileage, anywhere between 15 - 18 mpg a tank.

That's news to me. Weird.

·
Registered
528 Posts
05 5 speed with 70K and I'm running 18 city and 24 hwy. I drive the shit out of it around town.....just LOVE hearing the engine rev!
AMEN i drive the shit out of it as well for the same reason and with as loud as my truck is it's fun to see the looks on their faces as i take off lol

p.s. my gas mileage sucks because of the mods i have to the exhaust i have an intake but that didn't affect my mileage very much

bheathcoe it's too bad you live alll the way in florida sounds like we could have alot of fun cruisin together

·
Registered
836 Posts
I get about 15 mpg. But I have 3.42's with 33" tires...its to be expected

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
make sure your tune has been updated with the different size wheels/tires. you may be reading less miles than you are actually traveling... also i get about 20 city with 04 5spd 5cyl

btw what is gas millage? lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts