Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a simple fix, I'm not sure.
Tonight driving my truck, all my interior lights were working (4x4 panel, heater, door locks and windows) and on the cluster the shifter indicator light, odometer and all the warning lights work. But the gauges (speedometer, tach, fuel and water temp) do not light up.
Could it just be a fuse? Or what could it be?

G

·
0 Posts
Hey there Colorado.z71,

I understand that you are experiencing some difficulties with your vehicle. Please feel free to contact GM of Canada if you need any extra assistance. Their number is 800-263-3777 and can be reached Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM until 11:30 PM and Saturday from 7:30 AM until 6:00 PM EST. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Kristen A.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
My truck ('05 with 130k miles) did the same thing once, last year for about 1-1/2 hours on a long trip.

Then the gauge lamps flicked back on (with no action on my part) and it hasn't happened since.
(not helpful I know..)

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Happened to me once in a Dodge Caravan on a long drive at night. Anger snuck up on me so I smacked the top of the dash. Lights came on and never happened again.
Not much help for your's but I felt better.

·
Administrator
8,939 Posts
We'll this morning it was just working again, go figure

Damn Murpher's law!!

Was it raining out when the dic lights failed?

The most common problems with our trucks is poor grounds.
I would first suspect the driver side inner fender grounding block just behind the battery.
There's also another grounding block (plastic black box) on the opposite side located on the passenger inner fender.

Also good advice from others. Loose fuses and relays are common to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts