Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I swapped my 2011 gauge cluster into my 2004 colorado 3.5 andddddd as most know it's a direct plug and play and it works!!

BUT......

The TPMS is saying low tires and service TPMS because the 2004 does not have TPMS sensors as it's like the work truck model I guess (no fog lights)

Any way to disable it so my gauge clears the code or out smart it?

I swapped gauges because I think my 2011 one looks better it's black not grey and has chrome trim around the gauges.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
What is different about the later cluster (the plastic part) from the earlier models?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is different about the later cluster (the plastic part) from the earlier models?
Earlier models are grey plastic and plain looking

New ones are black plastic with chrome rings around the gauge circumferences.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Earlier models are grey plastic and plain looking

New ones are black plastic with chrome rings around the gauge circumferences.
Black sounds good to me, but I'll pass on the chrome.
Maybe I'll pop mine out and hit it with black Krylon...
(Or even Plasti-Dip??)

Wow... yet another project to add to the list.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Black sounds good to me, but I'll pass on the chrome.
Maybe I'll pop mine out and hit it with black Krylon...
(Or even Plasti-Dip??)

Wow... yet another project to add to the list.

The list? What list I ran out of paper a while ago it got so long lol

Plasti dip sounds good to me

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The list? What list I ran out of paper a while ago it got so long lol

Plasti dip sounds good to me

No shit.... I'm using MS Excel.
I use it for keeping lists of stuff for my work anyway.
For my truck lately I'm getting way more organized and systematic about it...
It's the only way I'll ever make any progress.

If I keep throwing cash at that damn thing I'll have to marry it.

I've wanted to do something to make the cluster look a little more.... serious for a long while.
I just didn't realize that the plastic face could be easily removed. I've never had my cluster out.
Wanta convert to red LEDs anyway.

And yeah, the more I think about it, that seems the perfect place for Plasti-Dip.
I don't like shiny trim on my dash at all.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I swapped my bezel for a newer one with the chrome rings. To me it looks better IMO. I still have the factory one, and painted it flat black. Been meaning to get some pics and try to sell it :shrug:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do the needles really remove with a fork? They seem a lot tighter I tried lightly last night and didn't get them off.... I wanna paint the needles white with white nail polish or something.

·
How d'ya like them apples
941 Posts
I plasti dipped mine blaze blue then added blue LEDs with white needles (Ivan did the LED work)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
Do the needles really remove with a fork? They seem a lot tighter I tried lightly last night and didn't get them off.... I wanna paint the needles white with white nail polish or something.
Don't be scared, just pull up and they will come off.

·
Registered
158 Posts
What about putting the needles back on. Any tips on the install. I just bought a cluster with blue LEDs and no needles. Thinking about going with white and silver needles

·
Registered
212 Posts
There is a thread on installing your needles. Basically you plug in your cluster with no needles on. Turn your key to the acc position. All of your gauges will go to zero. Put your needles on pointing to zero. Don't push them too far down or they will be too tight and won't turn properly. (You will hear a little click when you're good).
When you think you're done start the car and see what your gauges do. The hardest one for me was the gas gauge. Zero is like right on top of the letter E.
Good luck!!!

Sent from My Phone

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is a thread on installing your needles. Basically you plug in your cluster with no needles on. Turn your key to the acc position. All of your gauges will go to zero. Put your needles on pointing to zero. Don't push them too far down or they will be too tight and won't turn properly. (You will hear a little click when you're good).
When you think you're done start the car and see what your gauges do. The hardest one for me was the gas gauge. Zero is like right on top of the letter E.
Good luck!!!

Sent from My Phone
Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts