Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so my truck is in pieces changing out the driver side hub and CV. while at it doing diff seal and fluid change. but which oil to use??

before ya say it, i know its 75/90 synthitic. i got that. but which brand? every one swears by Amsoil. great, but no one carries it around here. every one has Moble1 and Royal Purple. even saw Lucas Oil gear oil. any one ever use their oil?

also, these oils have LSD bottles and bottles that are good for open and LSD diffs. jus get the oils for both, right?

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
I would think that you would be fine with either of those Manufactures. As for the type I am no help. Would think that you would need the one for both.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i was thinking, as far as type. i use RP in the motors of the car and truck and never had an issue with it. and they are all about the same price, maybe a buck difference.

·
Premium Member
9,764 Posts
Mobil one all the way. Forget the shitty royal junk. Just good ole 75w90 synthetic from Mobil one is all you need front and rear.

·
Really Colorado Obsessed!
2,614 Posts
penzoil only cause my shop stocks it and amsoil but im a broke ass right now LOL

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quess i should update this..

went with the Mobile 1. jus done front so far, since that was needed. rear and tcase maybe this next pay

·
252,000+ Miles
1,316 Posts
I stopped using Mobil1 in my diffs when they stopped making 75w-90 without LS additive.

I dropped in Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 Synthetic in the diffs and Amsoil Fully Synthetic Syncromesh in the transfer case.

Next up will be the tranny getting a complete fluid change over to Amsoil as well.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no one around here carries Amsoil. and cant be waiting for how ever long. i need my truck and had to get oil back into it. and this is just in the front diff now anyway

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I stopped using Mobil1 in my diffs when they stopped making 75w-90 without LS additive.

I dropped in Amsoil Severe Gear 75w-90 Synthetic in the diffs and Amsoil Fully Synthetic Syncromesh in the transfer case.

Next up will be the tranny getting a complete fluid change over to Amsoil as well.
Can Mobile 1 75w90 LS be used? I just noticed the writing on the container says it includes limited slip friction modifier. Of course I already filled my front axle with it but haven't driven it yet. Should I drain it out and use something else?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts