Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to put 4.10's in my rear end as i have 3.42s right now with 33's, and i wouldn't mind the jump in performance. I was wondering if its something i could learn by reading how to do it, or should i just pay the big bucks and how much should i look to be spending on labor? and parts?

·
Registered
563 Posts
if you have no experience with rear end gear swaps id suggest getting it done by a pro or someone who has experience swapping them.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright how much should i expect to pay? and should i go 4.11? or 4.56?

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
I read in a post that someone got an estimate for $1000. Do you know what the idenfication code is to know what gears you have?

·
Registered
563 Posts
i'd say about $600-700

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet for 550 i will probably do that, the 1000 dollars is with the posi... which im not sure if i should get or not... you think it will blow under offroad use?

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
Golee... just an FYI, im not sure what cab & setup you have, but I have the 4.10s in mine and I have a crew cab. The performance is nice, but im here to tell ya that the gas mileage sucks. I average about 15-16 regardless of city or highway driving. If you drudge through posts on here and cfans you will find that is the trend for almost all the crew cabs that are z71s. Best of luck. I would say this gearing would prob kick ass on a single cab zq8.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Golee... just an FYI, im not sure what cab & setup you have, but I have the 4.10s in mine and I have a crew cab. The performance is nice, but im here to tell ya that the gas mileage sucks. I average about 15-16 regardless of city or highway driving. If you drudge through posts on here and cfans you will find that is the trend for almost all the crew cabs that are z71s. Best of luck. I would say this gearing would prob kick ass on a single cab zq8.
reg cab Zq8,ftmfw

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a crew cab, lifted on 33's and its downshifting ALL the time now its getting annoying, and i have 3.42s which is horrible for 33's

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
meh, you might want to consider going 3.73 and strike the happy median. I think i remember you said you had a tune. I would also see about getting it tuned out.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
meh, you might want to consider going 3.73 and strike the happy median. I think i remember you said you had a tune. I would also see about getting it tuned out.
Nah i don't have a tune. If i do more offroading i would probably want 4.10's i would think. What do you guys think about a locker? So i need gears and a tune, about 1200 dollars... shit ha 600 for a tune and 600 for a gear swap.

·
NW Surfrider
5,351 Posts
yeah thats what sits in mine right now, 4.10s and a locker. After this i will never buy a truck with out a locker again.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
has it helped a lot offroading? Ive noticed that these trucks don't have the best locker in them that they snap under offroading...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts