Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

General tires?

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Undead Rado 
#1 ·
Ok nation question im in the market for tires and would like to get the general grabber tires the ones with the red writing on the side i have an 08 z8d 2wd anyone know if these are good tires? what do yall recommend

#5 ·
Back in 09 when I bought the z85 it came with some General Tires. (215/75/R16) they had no grip on pavement, every corner on the highway you could hear the tires squeaking, so I traded them for michelins Latitude Tour HP.

The tire you mention is an AT tire. I´ve heard is good in some conditions but If you want a bullet proof tire go for the BFG AT´s

#7 ·
Like fixxer said... useless in mud and snow. Ok in dirt and rock. I see them a lot on pre runners here in So Cal and they are popular with those who have red trucks...

#9 ·
My stock 355 tires were General (not grabber's) & I didn't care for them...like others said - poor grip, rode like bricks, etc. Now I have Cooper Discoverer AT3's and love 'em. Now...I'm not a mud-sucking off-roader so these suit all-weather hwy w/some light off-roading.

Cooper Tire & Rubber Company - Discoverer A/T3?

#10 ·
I'm normally a Goodyear or BFG guy........BUT I really like everything I have bought from Nitto.

My wifes Tahoe LTZ will need tires soon, I will be replacing the OEM tire with the Nitto Terra Grappler ATs. I have a buddy that put them on his LTZ and loves them. He has almost 50k miles on them and he has about 50% treadlife remaining

Check the reviews out on them.

#14 ·
Hancock Mudders is what I use in the winter, their a good price for them and they handle in any conditions. Seems like they will last as long as you rotate them. Then again you need to rotate Mudders often. I found when they start to hum it's time to rotate. If you get 40,000 + on a mudder your doing good.

#17 ·
Well if your not a big off road guy, then some nice AT tires should do you well

#19 ·
Never actually used them but by the looks I put them in the category with terra grapplers. Dry dirt, sand, etc they prolly aren't bad. Tread pattern is a tell tale they won't clean worth a crap in the mud. I noticed a pretty good difference in my old Hankook mts and my cheap federal mts, the hankooks are way more agressive than the grabbers and lasted over 50k,,, but the federal a have much more gap between the lugs and clean well. Prolly won't last as long but they have gotten me in places with a lot less spinning than the old hankooks. We have a decent bit of red clay and I would be scared to stop with those generals, prolly cake up and never get rolling again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.