Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

GeorgiaBoy's Build: "Scratch"

41864 Views 470 Replies 69 Participants Last post by  CUZICAN
So I finally decided to start a build thread to highlight my trucks progress through the years I've owned it now.... On to Pictars!

First Colorado owned for 2 years before I found the Nation.... 2005 Colorado 2.8L Automatic w/All manual interior. Bought her for $2000! It was an old rural mail truck so she had been rode hard and put away wet so to speak and had 150K on the clock... I had it 2 weeks and a girl ran a red light and t-boned me Good news however cuz her misfortune painted my entire truck for free :p

Added some BFG AT 30x9.50" tires to the stock steels

And thats it for this truck....

THEN....Traded my dad my single cab for this 2005 crew cab full power 2.8L Auto. I had been wanting another truck for quite awhile as the black truck had given me lots of problems. He got a good deal on it so we just swapped.

Got her Thanksgiving Day 2011

AND then I found the Nation and my bank account went to hell.... :lol:

To be continued tomorrow
See less See more
401 - 420 of 471 Posts
Re: GeorgiaBoy's Build Thread *Up Up and Away!*

Light Hand Finger Automotive lighting Nail

Green Home Grass Property House

I've had these Ridgid Industries Flood pods since SESM last year and never installed on the truck being I was lowered. I wired them up for a test to see how well that cast their light and think I''ve decided to swap them to the rear of the truck to use for backup lights since my circuit has a short and has never worked since I owned it. Also I'm planning on using them as a T/C "Tailgate Control" light to get annoying folks off my ass going down the road! :kiki:
Auto part Automotive exhaust Automotive tire Vehicle Tire

Ditched the air shocks and went back to my tried and true Monroe Sensatrack Load Adjusting 58600 shocks. They picked the ass end up some but I still need to swap these springs out for the 4wd springs I picked up from James.
Cameras & optics Camera Photography Camera accessory Electronic device

Also grabbed this Mishimoto oil catch can as I've been having a lot of issues with lots of condensation in the oil the past year that I've been monitoring. As well as not having to clean my throttle body, this will be a mod will be a time saver and pay for itself in no time flat I have a feeling. Also picked up the complimentary AN-6 fittings for my setup and will be getting it installed here soon as soon as it quits raining here all the time! :th_woot:
See less See more

Finally got around to making a flagpole for the truck for certain occasions to fly the American flag! Not too bad and only cost me $40 with the flag included
Flag Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Flag of the united states

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire
See less See more

Picked these up today Bullmaxx bar with rings and lights included as well as a Smaxx 1.5" bodylift and the brackets for the bullmax as well as a precut valence
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper
See less See more

Sid is so pissed at you lmao

I tried buying that body lift awhile back but dude wouldn't come off it without the bullmaxx included, which I already have.

It'll look good on yours :thumbup:

Sid is so pissed at you lmao
Yea he is but I'm letting him borrow it for measurements so he should be alright haha.

I tried buying that body lift awhile back but dude wouldn't come off it without the bullmaxx included, which I already have.

It'll look good on yours :thumbup:

Yea I know I wanted just the Bullmaxx honestly but he gave me a great deal on it all. Tried to buy it all and his hood last year but he was wayyyyy overpriced on it all

glad to see youre embracing the lifted life fully

glad to see youre embracing the lifted life fully
Thanks Kev. Later down a new layer of bed liner on the bar today. I gotta install the bodylift first before I can get the bar on

Roommates dog knocked it off the box I had it on lastnight and it sat in the dirt overnight so had to wipe it off and lay another layer.
Some of the paint was still soft so it bubbled it so I'll get some sandpaper at work today and come back tonight and finish it up.

Also gunna start on the bodylift tonight I think as well
Grass Lawn Plant Vehicle
See less See more

subscribing since the truck is lifted again. I personally prefer lifted trucks more.

That pic just made me realize that the bullmax would look just as good upside down as it does right side up.

agreed ! ^

Those shocks and the can look sweet. I have an old mishimoto but it doesn't look nearly that fancy, just tigged aluminum.

Did some work on the truck tonight. Here's a little peak photo
Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive lighting Bumper part Light
See less See more

Looking good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
GeorgiaBoy's Build Thread *Up Up and Away!*

Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Rim

Tire Auto part Automotive tire Wheel Vehicle brake

Screw this dam extension. That little bastard kicked my ass lastnight
Auto part

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire
See less See more

not a huge update but just cleaned up the frame horns in preparation for the bumper to go back on with the bullmax
Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Tire Vehicle
See less See more

At least the tow hooks are painted for when you wanna sell them, they have to go to put the bullmaxx on.

Looking good tho!

At least the tow hooks are painted for when you wanna sell them, they have to go to put the bullmaxx on.

Looking good tho!

Very true! Thank you! Looking forward for this bedliner to finish curing so I can sand down and add 1 more coat

This is perfection.
401 - 420 of 471 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.