Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

Are You Interested?

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some inside connects with Doug Thorley Headers and I'm trying to get a feel who would be interested in a CARB Legal(50 State) header from Doug Thorley?

Post Up Your Comments

Ill be forwarding the link to the contact

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they wanna see decent interest in doing the R&D and then going from there

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
are they going to cover both i4-i5 that would be a better q? as there needs to be more i4 header support

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
More than likely wont happen the R&D verses sales. Plus the cost to get it California certified would not offer them any profit.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
interested in price. stainless steel? ceramic coated? long vrs short tube?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keep posting up guys

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
I've been kicking around the idea of a header, guess it depends on price :shrug:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
who would be interested in a CARB Legal(50 State) header from Doug Thorley?
call DT back and ask them if they will be selling it in the 250-350 price range. if they cant do that price they wont sell any.

this is got to be the 5th header thread and they go no where. RD costs a bunch, and think of this for a second.
1. 2wd short tube
2. 4wd short tube
3. 2wd long tube
4. 4wd long tube
5. 2wd lifted
6. 4wd lifted
7. 2wd lowered
8. 4wd lowered

there are 8 different styles. there will no 'one-fits-all' header for our trucks. trucks that arent made anymore.

also, how many people on this board do we have? and how many of them have or want a header? maybe, MAYBE 50 of us? with the 3 or 4 companies out there already making headers for our trucks a company like DT wont touch it..

04-06 Chevy Colorado, 3.5L 5-cyl. Manifold Catalytic Converter this header is mass-produced and with a CAT, and isnt 50-state legal... and its over $630 dollars!!

:shrug:

·
Registered
378 Posts
If it's under 500$ for a i5 header people will buy them.. I know I would

always blue dreaming

·
Registered
158 Posts
call DT back and ask them if they will be selling it in the 250-350 price range. if they cant do that price they wont sell any.

this is got to be the 5th header thread and they go no where. RD costs a bunch, and think of this for a second.
1. 2wd short tube
2. 4wd short tube
3. 2wd long tube
4. 4wd long tube
5. 2wd lifted
6. 4wd lifted
7. 2wd lowered
8. 4wd lowered

there are 8 different styles. there will no 'one-fits-all' header for our trucks. trucks that arent made anymore.

also, how many people on this board do we have? and how many of them have or want a header? maybe, MAYBE 50 of us? with the 3 or 4 companies out there already making headers for our trucks a company like DT wont touch it..

04-06 Chevy Colorado, 3.5L 5-cyl. Manifold Catalytic Converter this header is mass-produced and with a CAT, and isnt 50-state legal... and its over $630 dollars!!

:shrug:
If its an emission legal header it has to bolt up to the stock exhaust pipe as the pipe has the 2nd cat in it. So this would need to be a shorty header.

Why would a lifted truck need a different header from a stock ride height ?

If you check this link you can find the same part noted above at rock auto for $300.

RockAuto Parts Catalog

1 - 14 of 14 Posts