Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I have:

2009 Chevy Colorado 5.3

Volant intake
Doug Thorley Headers
Custom Exhaust

I was wondering if a dyno tune is worth it at this point? I plan on buying a supercharger for my truck in the next six to eight months. It really bothers me that the check engine light is on also, and it seems to hesitate a lot in the lower rpms, I'm sure a tune would fix this. How much horsepower gains have you guys gotten from a dyno tune?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I'm in the process of getting my truck tuned by James (Supermod). We still have a couple of bugs to work out, but it has really woken the truck up. For the price, you cant beat it.

He got rid of my passlock and rear Co2 sensors in the process. Just got off the phone with him not too long ago actually, and he said I'd be in the 290-300 range to the wheels. Although I'd like to get the truck dyno'd also when I finish my cam and stall.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in the process of getting my truck tuned by James (Supermod). We still have a couple of bugs to work out, but it has really woken the truck up. For the price, you cant beat it.

He got rid of my passlock and rear Co2 sensors in the process. Just got off the phone with him not too long ago actually, and he said I'd be in the 290-300 range to the wheels. Although I'd like to get the truck dyno'd also when I finish my cam and stall.
Yeah I'm thinking I will get it tuned, I just don't want to be driving it around with it not running to its true potential. 300 to the wheels is what I'm hoping to get.

·
Registered
424 Posts
With a CEL it sounds like it needs a tune-up to get back to square one.......then do a tune.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What r Co2 sensors?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
You have a source to get it tuned out here? If not we have a few suggestions here in Socal. We also have a supercharged V8 here in Socal as well, hit up derrajZQ8 for info.

·
Registered
424 Posts
We've all done it.....just havin' a little fun.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
:lmao: Might have to go watch that now

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
in for comparing results with mine, to see how much i lost

T

·
0 Posts
don't forget the Supermod PTB before the tune, you will be really impressed about the new reactivity of your truck.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have a source to get it tuned out here? If not we have a few suggestions here in Socal. We also have a supercharged V8 here in Socal as well, hit up derrajZQ8 for info.
Awesome, thanks for the advice I have an appointment with excelsior motorsports. Best price I could find for someone who specializes in tuning Chevy's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts