Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever tried or know what a glasspack would sound like on our trucks. I have a 4 banger and i will do anything to to make it sound better. i was planning on going with a full system with magnaflow or flowmaster or somthing like that, but my friend has a pack with a tip on his F-150 and it sounds pretty good, but then again he has a V6.

any thoughts?:shrug:

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
i was thinking of gutting my stock muffler, its soo big it might sound like a nice big chambered flowmaster, or it might just resonate like crazy inside the cab....

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you get a cherry bomb glass pack get it from auto zone so if you dont like it you can take it back and get a full refund.... it goes from your header(stock or modified back and replaces your cat so you will need to get a pipe from the glass pack to were the muffler and the cat conected and tap out the pipe so the sencer will go back on!

If you take the muffler out it will sound good!

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
If you get a cherry bomb glass pack get it from auto zone so if you dont like it you can take it back and get a full refund.... it goes from your header(stock or modified back and replaces your cat so you will need to get a pipe from the glass pack to were the muffler and the cat conected and tap out the pipe so the sencer will go back on!

If you take the muffler out it will sound good!
None of that is correct. A glass pack is meant as a replacement for a muffler. If you were to replace the cat with a glasspack it would also throw a CEL because the secondary O2 would read that the cat is malfunctioning, because it's no longer there.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
flows rust soo much
thas what i was told by the guy at the exhaust shop. Then he showed me my Edelbrock which ive done before on another ride of mine. It slike 5x as heavy and bigger...Sounds almost identical to a Flowmaster but i think itll last forever

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
lol... did anyone ever hear of the aero turbine muffler? they claim it helps "suck " the exhaust right out.... i dont buy it...

·
Registered
48 Posts
um go to auto zone and ask for YOUR SELF fuck...... and if you red I said the CHERRY BOMB.... and thats what it dose.. it replaces the cat after the manifold! so go see for your self colorado tom..... and see what they say so you can apologize to me!Part Number: 87551 Header muffler
Header muffler; with 3" inlet and 2" outlet; 3 or 4 flang. Universal fit. ( thats the one that bolts on to the manifold!......... please dont ever insult me when I KNOW what im talking about!!! but when I dont feel free to dis all you want...

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
your wrong. a cherry bomb is a muffler, designed to replace a muffler. it may fit in place of the cat, but thats not what it was intended to do. if you dont want the cat than just replace it with a piece of straight pipe, or gut it. i know that some cherry bomb mufflers are equipped with a two or three bolt flange so they can bolt up the the manifold/header, but that was intended for use on old shcool hotrods and drag cars.( back when there werent even cats) cherry bomb never was advertised as a replacement for a cat. and i hope that you understand.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
hey sgtwaid, you do know that Cherry Bomb is a brand of Glasspack Muffler right? and by the way we have a 2.5" exhaust so how is a muffler with a 2" outlet going to fit? even if you did get it, and dident like it, AutoZone (or any other parts retailer) will not want to take back a used muffler. i suggest that YOU apologize to me, and the rest of us, for posting incorrect material. this thread was intended to discuss glasspack mufflers, as a replacement for our existing mufflers, not as a catalytic converter replacement thread.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
um go to auto zone and ask for YOUR SELF fuck...... and if you red I said the CHERRY BOMB.... and thats what it dose.. it replaces the cat after the manifold! so go see for your self colorado tom..... and see what they say so you can apologize to me!Part Number: 87551 Header muffler
Header muffler; with 3" inlet and 2" outlet; 3 or 4 flang. Universal fit. ( thats the one that bolts on to the manifold!......... please dont ever insult me when I KNOW what im talking about!!! but when I dont feel free to dis all you want...
See that part I bolded and enlarged??

A muffler is a muffler, a cat is a cat. Just because you can bolt something up in place of something else doesn't mean you're using it for it's intended purpose. You let us know when you're ready to admit that you're wrong, and we'll accept that apology any time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts