Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to see if anyone has or has a picture of the Gm 22" Transport Wheels on a 355?

These wheels are smooth 22's used to transport new GM SUV's and Trucks to the dealerships then are supposed to be destroyed (they charge the dealer a core so they are returned) but some still make it out. I will be photoshopping them at some point but would like to see some real world shots if possible.

And I am aware they would need to be bored. I've bored 17" GM steelies before so these will be no different.

Here's an image of the wheels:

And what they look like on a few trucks:

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
Look into mobsteel wheels. They are able to take a center cover unlike the 22" transports. And I think the price is comparable.

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
didn't know those were even in existence. Interesting.

found a set of $850. What do the mobsteel wheels run for? Can't access their site at the moment.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Interesting......guess it prevents 22" wheels and tire packages from being stolen in transit

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am familiar with the mobsteel option. Based on the prices that I've seen the transport wheels for sale at $600-$900 shipped, the mobsteel ones at about $300 a piece +shipping are much more expensive.

And there are options for caps, just might need to get a bit creative:

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
IMO the spider caps are the best with steelies but at $120 a pop it can get pretty pricey.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I bet GM never thought people would actually want to steal their transport wheels

Some crazy prices out there for them

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
Kenny told me the other day some website just got a huge pallet of the gm transports.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Where a Chad...........I like to wheel and deal

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
I would LOVE a set of these... my original plan was to run these color matched to my truck, but then my wife got me a gift certificate towards Intro's.

I'm still interested! ;)

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Those would be dope as shit on your truck Matt

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Village customs nc ( Joshua Joyce ) just go a pallet of the transports like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Hit him up and tell him kenny with the bodied wagoneer told you to ask him about some I'm sure he's getting them fairly cheap

Mobsteel are not 300 each . I only payed 800ish for mine but they don't make 22s yet only 18 and 20s

With some effort you can make a nice variety of center caps fit the transports

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
@onelow1ton

Do you know how much he'd be looking to get for a set? Shipping cost would more then likely not make it worth it tho

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
@1BADI5 he said he only had 7 sets and was going to use all but one set and he would sell that one set for 700 picked up . Imo it's worth the drive to go get them

1 - 20 of 33 Posts