Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
300k EcoBoost motor....... and how many turbos and injectors will it eat in that time frame. Those fuckin things are carbon monsters....at 30k the intake valves look like they have coal build up on them.

Last oil change on my 5.3 DoD/AFM Tahoe (6800 miles) zero oil loss and no annoying lifter tick. I throw about 8oz of Seafoam in the oil 250 miles before the oil change to clean everything out...... I'm going to hold solid with my maintenance routine on this beast

·
Registered
81 Posts
300k EcoBoost motor....... and how many turbos and injectors will it eat in that time frame. Those fuckin things are carbon monsters....at 30k the intake valves look like they have coal build up on them.

Last oil change on my 5.3 DoD/AFM Tahoe (6800 miles) zero oil loss and no annoying lifter tick. I throw about 8oz of Seafoam in the oil 250 miles before the oil change to clean everything out...... I'm going to hold solid with my maintenance routine on this beast
I think you read that wrong, I was referring to the Toyota Tundra V8 going 300K miles. Toyota has been hesitant to change anything about that engine, its basically the same as it was in 2007. But its a proven engine and super reliable. And it still is right there in power compared with the rest.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Hmm. I need to read that Bulletin. My '09 5.3 looses about a full qt by the time it's up for an oil change. Damn thing almost screwed me over on a long haul once too. Engine started knocking 7 hours into an 8.5 hour trip at 1am! Took 2 full qts to get the damn thing to shut up. It was OK on the dipstick when I left home. Fluke occurrence I hope as it was only back in July. Really don't want to replace the ol' girl nor do I want to get stranded or have a huge "replace everything under the hood" bill.

·
Nation Lurker
799 Posts
That shit cost me a replacement motor at ~64k miles. burning 2qts of oil in less than 2k miles. the lh8s definitely need to added to that list.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts