Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tan gmc canyon pick up truck. The whole part of the grille is chrome which I do not want, I want it to match my body paint. Do anyone have it that we could trade it? I am willing to pay for shipping? I dont' have to have to take it off and take it to the paint shop to have them paint it.

How much do you think the painter may charge me just to paint the whole grille to match my body paint?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its usually chrome but some trucks comes with painted grille and I thought someone may have painted their to match the rest of the body color to make it look good. I am not sure if someone out there want to get chrome back and I am willing to trade the chrome for a painted one at no charge.

If nobody is willing then that leave me no choice but to take it to the shop to have it painted. Hope it won't cost alot.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I don't think the canyon grills came painted. All the painted one you see are usually sanded down or strippeddown then painted. I could be wrong tho. I just thought I remember reading that somewhere

Uncanny is correct.
The Canyon grilles all came originally with chrome.

Lots of folks here have painted them or had them painted at a shop.
Maybe someone can give you an estimate based on what they paid.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, I guess I could try to paint it Silver Birch Metallic WA926L, Where can I get the paint from? Will AEROSOL SPRAYS work fine? Can I get the factory paint from Sherwin willams? Auto zone? I just want one small can to make my grille match.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I asked a shop I've done business with in the past, a real autobody/paint pro's pro and he told me that he has adhesion promoters that can be applied directly to the chrome, and that's the only way he recommends.

I was asking him about the exact same thing, painting a Canyon grille, which I was thinking of picking up. I may do it yet..

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,464 Posts
They for sure only ever came in chrome. I've had two painted now. The first one was just sanded/scuffed and professionally sprayed. That only lasted a year before it all started flaking off. Round two was having it soda blasted, then professionally primed and painted. It's holding up good now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts