Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having trouble with my aftermarket install. Specifically the GMOS-01 not working.

This is the second GMOS I have installed, the first, which was installed in an 03 Trailblazer, went off without a hitch and is working beautifully.

This one, not so much. The only thing that happens upon connection to the trucks wiring harness is... 5 chimes. That's it. ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. I get no further chimes, no radio power, no nothing.

I have the MP3/WMA factory stereo with Bluetooth and OnStar.

I've done a search and found one other person with the same issue, but in the end he ended up swapping out the GMOS for a PAC, so I'm not sure if mine is defective or something that was changed in the later model trucks that makes the GMOS incompatible.

Any insite would be most helpful. Also, if you're running a GMOS-01 on a 2011 or 2012, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update in case someone else has the same issue.

The GMOS box was faulty. I went to Best Buy today and bought another GMOS-01 and everything works as it should.

It's what I get for trying to save a few bucks and buying off eBay. Best Buy, did however match Crutchfield's price of $69.99. (They were originally asking $104.95)

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Just an update in case someone else has the same issue.

The GMOS box was faulty. I went to Best Buy today and bought another GMOS-01 and everything works as it should.

It's what I get for trying to save a few bucks and buying off eBay. Best Buy, did however match Crutchfield's price of $69.99. (They were originally asking $104.95)
I am actually surprised the price matched with you. I have never had good luck with Best Buy and their "geek squad." I may be a bit biased since I have been doing IT for 6 years though...

Glad you got the GMOS figured out! I bypassed it and tapped a RAP source for power to my head unit. That also means ONStar doesn't work (well it works, but I can't hear them :lmao:), but I never used it anyways.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I am actually surprised the price matched with you. I have never had good luck with Best Buy and their "geek squad." I may be a bit biased since I have been doing IT for 6 years though...

Glad you got the GMOS figured out! I bypassed it and tapped a RAP source for power to my head unit. That also means ONStar doesn't work (well it works, but I can't hear them :lmao:), but I never used it anyways.
I was surprised as well. But he just looked it up on his phone, verified the price and called a manager for an override. Took less than 30 seconds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am surprised the Best Buy store price matched a online company price. The last time I tried to price match something with best buy I wound up having to call Best Buy.com to price match an online order as the store could only match another physical(aka brick and mortar store). I was able to get in store pick up so it ended well but I did have to jump though more hoops then I should have had to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts